Chapter 20

Lucas

"Whoa!" Matt exclaimed loudly. "What is that?"

Ella and I looked up to where my brother is pointing out. And saw an animal shape like a horse soaring in the sky.

"Is that horse? And it's flying!" Ella seemed awed.

"I thought those are just myths," implied Matt.

I squished my eyes to see two other characters riding the flying horse. "That's the Fifth Prince of the Jin empire."

"Is Mei-Li with him?" Asked Ella.

"I see her," my heart skip a beat once the flying by horse lower itself flapping her large wings creating heavy winds.

Ling was the first to dismount. "Prince Lucas, you have to help Jie, she-"

Before he could finish I rushed to Mei-Li who was going down from the horse when I unravel the hood cover her face when I stare not at Mei-Li.

"Your not Mei-Li," I say to the woman in fire red hair.

"No, I'm Syrena," she smiled then lean in closer, "your much handsome in person. I can see why Mei-Li has you all over her mind."

Although the woman is very ravishing I took a step back not smitten as I turn to look at Ling. "Where is she?" I demand.

"We found Khan's ship to rescue Syrena and the other mythical creatures he kept prisoner and only a few of Khan's men Jie found with. She burned the ship as it drowned to the bottom of the ocean and she made us leave her." The young prince drop down to the ground. "I should've stayed. I shouldn't listen to her and fought with her." He covered his face.

No, she can't be gone. I backed away. Not my Mei-Li. Stunned of the thought her gone while fighting her enemy. That is why I respect her; she's bold, strong and courageous. And she's gone.

"Lucas," Matt tap my shoulder in condolence until the rustle of the bushes had me and my brothers pulled out our weapons. Ella was in her pose until she screamed out the name that captured my heart from day one.

"Mei-Li!" Ella rushed towards her sister and hugged her tightly. "My god, what happened to you? You are covered with smoke dust."

"Well, I jumped from a burning ship," creating a small humor. Ella induce more of her crushing hugs when Ling increase it more.

"Jie! I was so worried," he cried. "Never ever allow me to leave you again. Do you hear me?"

I pulled a small smile and caress his long raven black hair. "I'm sorry I worried you. But as your bodyguard it is my duty to protect you. I had a choice."

"That choice wasn't supposed to take your life away," he pout.

Ling is a hard in the head child but his worries about me does make me want to protect him his whole life. Mei-Li pulled a smile and rubbed Ling's head.

"Mei-Li!" This time was from the mysterious woman hugged her. "Thank you! Thank you so much taking me out from the dreadful tank. I owe you my life."

Mei-Li put a hint of red on her cheek that made her look away. "It's nothing. I'm just doing my job after all. If the Prince insist of rescuing you I don't have much to argue with him."

I stood there, watching her surrounded by people who deeply care for her. I wanted to step towards and pull her to my arms but she would feel repulse and push me away like always. Then, when she caught me staring at her I jump the same time my heart bounce. Despite her appearance covered in smoke dust I gulped as she approached me.