Chapter 24

Lucas

I turn my back. Then again. And again...and again.

I grunted loudly that my brothers and Ella turned their head to me.

"If you wanted to go with them so badly, why didn't you?" Asked my large, yet younger brother.

I snarled at him. "You saw what Mei-Li looked at me. Even if I begged I felt shivered. It's was going to look horrifying."

"I'm fine if you leave since you won't stop complaining. And you never complain this much."

"You have it bad, brother," Eugene joked, making Matt laughed in front. I growled.

"Oh stop it, you two," thank god for a sister who's seems understanding than my two blood related brothers. "Lucas, Mei-Li can handle it alone after all she's a soldier."

"But...but...I'm worried," I whined like a child at Ella, she chuckled. "I never felt like this before."

"I'm on the same boat as you," said Matt as we continued to hike up the trail leading to the top with the strong wind blowing in our face we were eager to obtain the Gold Pearl Mei-Li told us to retrieve. "When Ella fought with Ravena I thought my heart was about to split into two. I still have my worries and fear if anything happens to Ella but after defeating Ravena I'm calm."

"You already witness what her abilities Papa gave her," Ella said with a encouraging smile. "She will be fine."

I pinched my lips. I'm still worried. After that kiss, it felt magical and unreal that my feelings and heart has already captive the she-warrior. Her pink lips pressed against mine were so warm and heaven I wanted more than just kissing her. I wanted her in my bed.

The path up the top of the mountain has started to shrink as we near our destination. I awed at the scenery, but I wasn't the only one. All of us were wide eyes and jaw dropping we couldn't believe a mountain would have a palace on top.

"Are you sure we are in the right place?" We didn't look at Eugene, who asked the question everybody is wondering until Ella answered.

"I don't think so," she said. "Mei-Li didn't say anything about a palace on top of the mountain."

"I wonder who lives here?" Asked Matt.

"Uh...maybe those guys with swords should answer your question, Brother," I said, not looking away from more than thirty men with the same type of clothing as the young prince and all their head shaved off holding their swords at us.

My brothers and I all unsheathed our weapons, Ella retract her crystals shifting them into two crystal swords. We have our backs to each other while surrounded by these men who seems on their angry face we aren't welcome.

"We are clearly not welcome," Matt said in a whisper.

"You think they will openly pull their swords at us," I snapped, whispering back never leaving my eyes on them.

"Both of you shush," Ella exclaimed with a grunt.

Before we were getting ready for battle, an a few men created an opening and in walk a tall and broad man, with very long dark-red hair tied up above his head, pointy ears, almond full back eyes, make up on his eyelids in a red line from the corners of his eye lids, he wore very heavy black armor that doesn't seem to be weighting him down, and a very large sword on his back.

He approached us with an unwelcome face to us and hover his large body. He growled, lifting the corner of his mouth revealing his fangs. He sniffed us then backed off and mumbled, "Mortals"