Chapter 6

After Ling had told everything that had happened for the last two years. I decided to have a private conversation with him. I was beyond furious and enraged that Jin's own Emperor doesn't do a thing to save his people and his kingdom.

I didn't know I was emotionally angry that I scared the young Jin prince once he saw my fingers formed into scales and long black claws.

"Mei-Li jiejie!" He backed away, stunned. "Y-your hands."

I gasped and hid it away from him though he saw everything. I stepped back and down on my knees as an apology. "I'm sorry, your highness."

"What happened to you Mei-Li jiejie?" He asked, sounding concerned. "Uncle Zhao had said your arms were cut off before falling off the edge. I was surprised that you've got them back but, tis impossible."

Dipping my head down. "To answer your worries. After I was pushed off. I rode along the river that brought me to Ella who found me and a doctor who I call now Father saved my life by gaining back my arms and hands. But I'm no longer human." I pinched my lips. "I'm what they call a monster. Able to shift to a large lizard with enhanced strength, scales, and a long tail. I can climb trees and my senses had increases that no normal human could do." I lowered my head. "I know your highness that you're afraid of me and wishes not to be near me. I understand but I promise you that I come to no harm but protection."

Ling stare at me blankly as he listened to my words. I didn't want to show him what I am now, but my emotions overpowered me and revealed on its own accord.

"My Father had once told me of our superior and great God that we worship that represent our emblem. As said in myths, The Lóng Wang, our Dragon King of Jin. Only those who claim as Emperor can be called by that name, but my brother doesn't deserve the title. None of the Emperors before him and my father were never given the title either. Whoever is given the title always have dragon by his side representing him as the true Dragon King."

I found his embroiled shoes in front of me. And I looked up to find the sun shining behind him as if he were the chosen one to be Emperor. He smiled at me. "I don't know who's the Dragon King yet, don't know if any of my older brothers would impeach him and fight over but you are the Dragon."

My eyes grew wide. This young prince has not only grown but matured a lot. It's as if he's born for a purpose. Since he's the youngest prince among his brothers, he's the only one that cares of his people and the kingdom. Why didn't he became emperor rather than his greedy and snobby brother? If he were than I would serve under him, fight his battles for him and lead him to victory.

"Can you fly?"

I blink at his question. "N-no, I don't think so."

"It would be amazing if you did, that way I could fly with you. As we fight our enemies." He chuckled. I smiled, he's acting like a true emperor. His father was a great emperor but his brother who took over the spot was worst.

"Can you show me more?" He asked, no longer scared. But rather amuse of my ability.

Without a say, I shift my body covering my whole body with shining green scales that reflect as an armor, a long tail, claws and fangs from my teeth.

Now that he's seen what I can do, his smiled grew wider. He circled around me. "Amazing, truly amazing. I could not believe such miracle has bestowed upon you. And your arms grew back once you took what your adopted father gave you?"

I nodded.

"Such a blessing," he awed. "Now we will show Khan no mercy once he sees you. He and his men will pay the price of his brutal act."

A person who's twelve would always want to play outside the palace and be reckless, but Ling stood there, rage of anger his hands behind his back had made me smile that I respect the boy. I remember he would follow me around and beg him to teach him with the sword. He's sweet towards his younger sisters and highly respects his brothers except one.

We head back inside with General Zhou guarding the door so no one would disturb us. Elian came running to Ling took his arm.

"Can I play with him, Aunt Mei-Li?" He asked, but Ella was there to take him away. Prince Matt was holding the hands of Alina with his brothers by his sides.

"Darling, you shouldn't ask such a thing."

"It's quite alright, Princess Ella," Ling said with a smile. "I only have younger sisters to play. I'll play with him."

"You don't have to be polite, your highness," said Ella.

"Since your my best friend's savior and adopted sister, then that makes you my best friend too." Ling then grabbed both Elian and Alina's hands as they skipped playfully back to the garden.

Ella was quickly by my side. "I see great in him."

"Yeah me too," I agreed. "He should of been Emperor instead of his older brother."

"The rules are when the current emperor dies, his eldest son would take the throne," she explained. "Soon Matt will take over his father's place."

I nodded as we watch the children play. I was focusing on Ling when I felt someone focusing on me. At the corner of my eyes, I found Lucas staring at me with his sky blue eyes. Studying me. As if I'm hiding a secret from him.

No secrets.

Just scared of my fate. That fate is giving me something I do not deserve.