9; Loud music, pairings, and facts

Zayn

"When exactly did Avery and Niall say there were going to get back?" I ask Violet. It's been twenty or so minutes since the head over heels in love couple went out for 'snacks'. I'm starting to think they're never coming back, and this worries me because Violet is in my god damn room.

Violet, who's hunched over herself on the floor reading a book that is barely holding together, gives her shoulders a quick shrug. She doesn't say anything.

I sigh deeply and lie back down on my bed. Why can't she just leave? Wouldn't she prefer reading in her own dorm? I'm starting to think she's just staying to annoy me, it's something she would definitely do.

"Look, Princess. Why are you here?" I ask after five minutes of unbearable silence.

"Are you bothered with me being here?"

"Yes."

"Good." I catch her devilish smile.

"This is my dorm," I cry, sitting up and glaring at her. "I get to choose who comes in here and doesn't. And I don't want you to stay."

She looks up at me and puts her book down on her lap. "Niall invited me, and this is also his room," she states.

"But Niall isn't here, therefore I'm in charge."

She shakes her head. "I don't think it works like that. Just because the boss is out of the room, doesn't mean they're not the boss."

I blink in confusion. "What?" I shake my head. "Whatever. Wouldn't you prefer being in your own dorm?" I sigh.

She shrugs. "I guess. But I came here with Avery, and it'd be rude to just leave."

"I'll tell her you left a message. Hell, send over a gift basket and attach a note saying 'I'm sorry'. I'll give it to her. I'll give her your dear condolences." I point to the door. "Door's there."

Violet doesn't budge and instead just stares me down. "Zayn," there it is again; the way she says my name, it's unreal, the way it just glides off her tongue as if she was meant to say it forever, "I don't like this just as much as you don't, but whether we like it or not Niall and Avery invited me over. They'll be back soon, and the night will just play out like it was supposed to. Trust me, I'd rather be having dinner with Satan than being here with you, but I can't just leave. Do you understand?"

I sigh, rolling my eyes and lying back down. "Absolutely," I grumble. I then slip on my headphones and actually push play on my MP3 player. Oh, god. Violet's little performance still makes me laugh. I knew the girl just couldn't last a second without me. Not many people can.

Another twenty minutes pass before Violet speaks again. "Can you please turn your music down?"

"WHAT?" I yell, although I heard her perfectly well.

"Turn your music down!" She yells back.