61; Simba, Lawyers, and families

Zayn

"Dad? Dad, wake up!"

I hug my knees to my chest, my eyes absolutely glued to the laptop screen. I fist a ball of tissues in my hand, the tears constantly streaming.

"It's okay, Simba," I mumble. "He's not dead." I stroke the screen.

My eyes follow the action, my heart absolutely broken. I start to hysterically sob. "No! What the fuck?! WHO THE FUCK WROTE THIS?!" I wail, I absolutely cry my heart out as the movie continues to play. Little Simba, so innocent, so alone, just sits there crying, and I'm screaming. "NO! NO. FUCK. WHAT THE FUCK."

Then the door bursts open and I slam the laptop shut as fast as I possibly can, throwing it across the bed. Niall takes off his jacket as I violently wipe at my eyes, trying to act casual. With just a quick glance he goes, "Were you watching The Lion King?"

His guess is so accurate I'm shocked. "What?" I snort. "No. That's kid stuff."

"Hey," he snaps. "Don't you dare say that. Besides, I know tears like those. God damn life ruining tears."

"Why did he die, Niall?" I choke out. "Why?"

Niall sighs. "Because fuck Disney, that's why. You ever seen Bridge To Terabithia?"

I shake my head. "Uh, no?"

He looks at me so seriously it's almost scary. "Don't."

I laugh. "What are you doing back here anyway? Thought you were out with Avery."

Niall just shakes his head and jumps onto his bed. "She's stuck in class, doing last minute stuff. It's just me and you, Zayn-o."

It's silent for a bit as we just kind of sit there, staring. Then, I open up the laptop. "Want to watch the rest of the movie with me?"

Niall's on my bed before I even finish my sentence. "Oh, fuck yeah."

----

"Uh, hey." I sit down beside Violet the next day in Chemistry, sliding my arms onto the table.

She looks at me briefly. "Hey."

We don't say anything else. I try and keep myself occupied by drawing all over my book, and Violet just shuffles her papers over and over. Finally, Mr. O'Neil's here.

"Settle down now, please." He sets down a ton of shit all over his desk. "Guess what day it is?"

No one guesses.

"That's correct!" He cries. "I have marked all your projects!"