33; Lakes, sunshine, and new beginnings

**Reaaallly bored so wooohh new chapter**

Zayn

"Man, I'm starving. Please tell me there's breakfast." Louis stumbles out of his tent, his hair dishevelled and sticking up in random places.

Niall comes out of the food tent holding a bottle of milk and a box of Cheerios. "Dig in."

"What? Where's the pancakes? The bacon and eggs?" Harry cries.

"I must have left them with all the fucks I give," Niall replies. "Cereal or nothing."

The boys groan but grab a bowl anyway, Liam already happily eating beside them. Violet helps herself to some fruit and Avery manages to find a granola bar. I'm not hungry.

"Zayn, you eating?" Niall asks me.

I shake my head.

He chucks a granola bar my way. "You need to eat something. We have a big day ahead."

"Yeah? What are we doing?" Harry asks through a mouthful of Cheerios.

"Well, this morning when I went to have a shower, I did some exploring," Niall explains, pausing to swallow another spoonful of the oaty loops. "And I found a lake!"

"A lake?" Violet repeats.

"A large body of water. Yes. So, I thought it'd be cool if we checked it out."

"As in swimming," I say.

He turns to me. "Yessss."

"Sounds great," Liam says, and I roll my eyes. Everything sounds great to him. "But is it safe to swim in?"

Niall shrugs. "I don't know. We'll find out."

"I don't know if that's such a good tactic," Louis begins.

"It'll be fine! If it wasn't safe, they wouldn't have it here now would they?" Niall dumps his bowl back in the tent. "Everyone get ready. We'll meet back here in ten minutes."

Avery laughs. "Ten minutes. Good one."

Niall rolls his eyes. "How long do you think you need?"

She finishes her bar and dusts her hands. "Like, an hour."

"Babe, we're just going swimming."

She sighs. "Fine. I can reduce it to half an hour."

"Okay. Meet here in half an hour."

I laugh. So damn whipped.