52; Cat fights, feeling alone, and comfort

Violet

Forget. That's what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to forget about everything, my home, my mother, my father, Liam, my stomach turning feelings for Zayn. It all just needs to go away, because my mind is focusing too much on too many things and I so badly need an escape.

I take a large swig of my beer as Allie and Zayn laugh beside me, draping all over each other sharing secrets and cigarettes. Her skinny legs hang over his lap and he keeps playing with her hair and making her do this weird smile thing and I think I need more alcohol.

"Damn, girl," Oscar calls from opposite me. "You're really chugging those things back aren't you?"

I just grab another bottle, there seems to be an endless supply, and rip open the cap before throwing more back. I don't know how many I've had, but I'm still feeling things; so obviously not enough.

I feel Zayn's eyes on me and I can hear the girl beside him talking. All I catch is, 'you did me once, do you remember?', and it makes me take another sip.

"Allie, stop," Zayn says.

"Hey," Elliot says from beside me, resting a cold hand on my thigh. I look down nervously at it, wiping my mouth and gripping the neck of the bottle tight. He leans in closer to me. "Wanna go somewhere?"

"Where?" I ask him.

"Somewhere private."

I move back a little, trying to get some distance between me and the smell of pot on his breath. "I, uh, n-no thanks. I'm okay here."

His hand moves up more. "Come on," he eggs, voice low and really unsettling.

"Get the fuck away from her," Zayn growls.

Elliot glances up at him and laughs, removing himself from me. "Hey, Zayn, the girl can make her own decisions."

"Bullshit she can. She's been drinking. I know you well enough to know that taking advantage of girls is your specialty." Zayn looks at me and at the new bottle of vodka in my hands. "I think you need to stop," he tells me.

I edge away from him. "I think you need to stop acting like you know me," I snap.

His eyes harden. "I do know you, alright? And I know you can't fucking handle anymore. Just give it up."

"Don't tell me what to do!" I cry in a fuzzy state. I've never been drunk before, but I think I am now. I feel weak and dizzy, and it's the first time in years that I've felt so free from everything. Like I've been unchained from it all. It makes me take another long sip.

Zayn reaches over and snatches the bottle away from me, leaving small dribbles to land on my shirt. "Alright, that's enough," he says in a warning tone, like I'm some sort of child.