45; bed sharing, Apple Blossom, and foreign movies

Zayn

I pull off my shirt and jeans, shuffling around my room to get changed into something more comfortable to sleep in. Violet's been 'in the bathroom' for coming up ten years. What she's doing in there, I have no idea. I usually don't sleep in much, boxers and a shirt, sometimes, but now with sharing a bed with Violet I need a whole damn sweat suit.

I open up my drawers and rummage around for a pair of pyjama pants that probably haven't been touched since I was ten. I find some blue checked ones and pull them out, holding them up to my legs. They reach my ankles, surprisingly. I'm standing there in just my underwear, about to get dressed, when Violet comes bursting through the door.

Oh, sure. Now's the time she decides to come back. 

She screams, really boosting my self confidence in my body, and spins around immediately, her eyes covered with her hands that hold a small toiletry bag. "Oh, my god," she breathes heavily. "Oh. My. God."

"Ever heard of knocking?" I snap, hurriedly pulling on my pants.

"I can't get out!" She cries, jostling the door handle. "I'M TRAPPED!"

"Calm the fuck down," I say. "I'm decent. Now."

She still won't look at me. She spins, very slowly may I add, around, eyes still covered, and shuffles over to her bags on the floor. It's when she fully smacks into the wall that I grow impatient.

"Oh, come on. Stop being such a prude."

"Have you got a shirt on?" She asks, hands still over her eyes.

I realise, for the first time, that this is Violet in her pyjamas. This is a Violet I have never seen before. And it's kind of ... cute. Kind of. I said kind of. First off, her pyjamas match. She wears small pink shorts with a small lace frill at the bottom and a cotton white shirt with the same shade of pink lace on the sleeves and hem of the shirt. Her hair's still in the pony tail and I wonder if she ever takes it out. I wonder what her hair actually looks like, the proper, full hair. Is it long, wavy, straight, layered? All this kind of staring and thinking makes her feel shy. I notice that long ago she's uncovered her eyes and now crosses her arms awkwardly across her chest, as if to give herself more of a shield of protection.

"What?" She asks, but it's not in a mean, snappy way. It's curious, nervous ... scared.

I shake my head, quickly pulling on a random white shirt. "Nothing. It's just ..." I fade off. "Whatever. You finally ready for bed? Seen what you've been dreaming of?" I smirk.

She rolls her eyes in disgust, the feeling she had before quickly vanishing. "Please. I'm scarred for life."

"You know, if you wanted to see me basically naked you could've just asked. You didn't have to stage a whole act of going to the bathroom. Which, by the way, you spent a very long time in. What do you even do in there?"

She packs away her things from the day's use. "I get ready for bed. Like normal people." She stands back up, eyes on me. "God, what is it with you acting like I'm not a normal human being?"