14; Grandma clothes, books, and darts

Violet

"So is everyone coming along tonight?" Harry asks through a mouthful of pasta as he looks at us all across the table.

"Isn't it compulsory?" Niall asks.

"That's what they just say because they want us to go. They spend so much money on it. But, nah. You don't have to."

"Yeah, we will. Right, Ave?" Niall turns to his girlfriend.

"Course!" Avery looks at me. "And you'll come too, right?"

"If you're talking about the party the staff holds for everyone in the entertainment room every year, then no." I take a sip from my water bottle.

"Aw, Violet! Come on. You never want to go to any parties."

I want to tell her that that's because parties are totally stupid, and not my kind of thing, but I don't. "I'm just not really feeling up to it."

"Something wrong?" Liam looks concerned.

"Oh, please. Nothing's wrong. Violet just doesn't like places that involve humans," Brittany snaps.

Niall and Avery laugh, but I don't.

"We're going," Liam says, pointing at himself and Brittany, who's still glaring at me. "You should come. It'll be cool."

Cool? There'll be nothing cool about sitting in the corner as I watch Brittany drape herself all over Liam and everyone else dancing and yelling. Plus, it's just torture knowing about Zayn and Brittany's little secret, and not being able to tell Liam. I could, but for some reason I just can't. And the fact that Brittany is getting away with it, and still claiming Liam, makes me more than mad.

"Yeah, Vi. Usually they're really lame, but we always manage to jazz it up," Harry nods at me.

I look at Brittany as she kisses Liam's cheek and bite the inside of my mouth hard. She isn't going to get away with this. I decide, right then, that I'm going to tell Liam. At the party. "Sure," I say, still looking at Brittany. "I'll come."

Everyone cheers, but I don't pay attention.

Soon, Brittany, your time with Liam will end.

-----

"I still can't believe you're going to this," Emily says as she slips on a tight fitting black dress. "You don't strike me as being the partying type."

I groan from the spot on my bed. "Trust me, I'm not." I'm dressed in a casual pair of tights with a plain white shirt. I don't really plan on changing.

"Then why you coming, chica?"

"I was kind of forced," I say with a small laugh.