Chapter 8

Chesney's pov

Once Jacob finishes his pancakes, I do the dishes. I don't really eat breakfast because I'm worried about the calories. I've been trying to loose weight and it's working and I'm liking the results.
I sit next to Jacob as he puts Netflix on. We waive mean girls. It's about 12:30 and I'm getting a little hungry.
"Do you want something to eat?" I ask Jacob.
"Sure, I'll have whatever." He says.
"I'll order some pizza" I sag as I get my phone and call Papa Johns. I get a medium pepperoni pizza.
Once the guy comes with the pizza, I get my money and pay for it. I told Jacob earlier that it's my turn to pay. Today is only Wednesday and our "date" is Friday.
"Where are we going for our date?" I ask him as we eat our pizza, I eat 2 slices so that Jacob doesn't get suspicious.
"It's a surprise" Jacob says, giving me a huge grin. I honestly can't stand surprises. Oh well, I just don't want him to go through a lot of trouble for me. I smile back at him.
"Let's go somewhere. I want to do something!" I say, sort of motivationally.
"I know the perfect place to go." Jacob says. I go upstairs and get changed into some good clothes.

Jacobs pov

Chesney goes upstairs to get changed and stuff. I grab a picnic basket, put some sandwiches, chips and brownies in with water and put a blanket inside. I run upstairs and jump in the shower, fix my hair and put some clothes on. I wear some pants and my favorite sweatshirt. (In media) I go downstairs and wait for Chesney. She walks down, looking beautiful as always.
"So where are we going?" Chesney asks.
"It's a surprise." I say. I walk her to the park and we go into the woods.
"Jacob l- I'm not too sure about this." She says.
"Just trust me." I say as I lead her through the trees and bushes. We finally get to a lake. It's beautiful. I tell her to stay where she is. I run and grab my canoe with paddles and drag it into the lake.
"Come on!" I tell her as she gets in. She doesn't have her phone and neither do I because I told her it was "bonding time." I paddle the boat into the middle of the pond and we talk while we eat and I'm really just waiting for the sun to go down, it will be the perfect time to kiss her. We talk about some stuff and just get to know each other. Since the sun is going down I grab her hand. We interwind our fingers. The sunset is beautiful, I lean in to kiss her and I do. It's just like a movie, just like it should be. I hear someone scream my name.
  "HEY JACOB HOW ARE YOU AND YOUR GIRLFRIEND? DID YOU SLEEP TOGETHER YET, YOU MAN WHORE" I hear. I pull away and look, great. It's Kyle and some of his stupid bully friends.
  "SHUT UP KYLE" I say.
  "Who is that?" Chesney asks, she seems a little tense.
  "Just some guys that kinda sorta hate my guts. Let's get outta here." I say. They've really hurt me before. That's why I've been with Chesney all the time. None of the guys at my school really like me, except Mark, Bryce, Hunter, and Brandon. The others either don't like me, or don't know me. I start paddling the boat away until they start throwing rocks at me, yes they hate me that much. One hit me in the arm and I started bleeding a little, a tear fell down my cheek.
  "Are you okay?" Chesney asks in fear.
  "I'm fine." I say. Kyle and his buddies start saying things like faggot and that I don't deserve Chesney. They say I'm just going to play her. Once I get to the other side of the pond, I help Chesney out and I tell her to run. The guys start running after me. We run as fast as we can but they run faster. One tackles me and takes my shoes. They run off. I just sit and curl up in a ball and cry.
  "I'm sorry. I'm sorry you had to meet me, that you have to deal with this. You can leave me, I've gotten used to betrayal." I tell Chesney. She sits down next to me and hugs me.
  "Why would I ever do that to you?" She asks.
  "Because I'm just going to cause you pain. I don't want to hurt you." I say.
  "Jacob Sartorius, it would be a pleasure to have my heart broken by you." She says. The Fault in Our Stars much?  I smile.
  "Let's get out of here." She says. I get up, my ankle is bothering me. I start limping but I try not to, I don't want her to think I'm weak.

Chesney's pov
  Once we get home, I tell Jacob to lay down in his bed. I grab some socks from his drawer and tell him to put them on. I put some covers on him since he was obviously shivering and put a band- aid on his arm. I go downstairs and make him some soup and give it to him. We watch some Netflix and Jacob looks at me. He looks hurt.
  "Can I... have my razors back?" He says softly.
  "No. I'm going to stay with you all night so you don't do anything." I say.
  "Why are you so passionate about this? Why have you stayed with me so long when all I do is break and you fix me. Why haven't you left me yet? You have every reason to." He tells me. I can hear his voice cracking. It's that terrible crack you hear when someone's about to cry.
  "Because... because I love you" I say. I'm sure about this, I love Jacob.
  "I love you too." Jacob says. I smile. He hugs me and falls asleep, so I do too.