Chapter 35

~Chesney's pov~
  "Of course! What's wrong? Is everyone okay?" Hailey asks, obviously worried about us.
  "We're fine. My dad is gonna hurt us if we stay though, and my mom isn't home and we aren't really on good terms." Jacob says, I'm not really sure how he's feeling right now but I know it's a mixture of angry, sad, and many others.
  "Okay, that's totally fine with me. You guys can stay in the guest room upstairs." Hailey says. She's a lifesaver.
  "Thank you so much!" I say and hug her. I really couldn't ask for a better best friend.
  "Oh and here's your money back." Jacob says, handing her 200 dollars.
  "Thanks Sartorius." She says and pats him on the back.
  "Well we're going to go get our room set up. We can hangout after." I smile at Hailey.
  "Sure, wanna do like a girls night? Jacob, Hunter, Brando and Mark can hang out separately." Hailey asks.
  "That would be great!" I smile. Jacob and I go upstairs into the room. I put my clothes in a drawer and Jacob puts his in a different one.
  "Do you know how long we will be here?" I ask.
  "I don't know, but I'm texting my mom to tell her what happened. I know she's not really happy with me but I love her and I don't want her to come back and think I'm gone for good." Jacob says and sits down on the bed. I sit next to him and watch as he types.

  Once he's done, he looks up at me with tears on his eyes.
  "Hey, it's all gonna be okay. I promise." I tell him. He needs to know that as much as possible.
  I look into his eyes. He leans down and kisses me. I smile.
  "You're adorable." Jacob smiles.
  "Not as adorable as you" I say.
  "Impossible." Jacob answers.
  "Do you want to go back downstairs? You can catch up with the boys while I hang with Hailey." I ask.
  "I don't wanna leave you!" Jacob whines.
  "It's only a couple hours!" I laugh.
  "Okay fine. But since I only got to chose what we did for like a couple hours, can we do it tomorrow?" Jacob begs.
"Fine, I'll let it slide Sartorius." I laugh.
  "Okay, well let's go get this over with." Jacob says and pulls me downstairs.
  "Okay Hailey, what are we doing?" I ask.
  "And where are the boys?" Jacob interrupts.
  "They're downstairs." Hailey says and Jacob goes down.
  "Olay what do you wanna do?" I ask.
  "Let's just chill in my room." Hailey answers. We go up and scroll through our phones, the usual.
  "Hey Hailey?" I ask.
  "Hey Chesney." she mocks.
  "How have you and Hunter been doing?" I ask, trying to spark a conversation.
  "Amazing. Hunter is the most sweet person in the world. He always buys me stuff when he doesn't have to, and he gives really good hugs. There's so many things about Hunter that I love." Hailey drifts off. I smile, they're so perfect together. "How are you and Jacob?" Hailey asks.
  "We're doing great, there's just so much going on and Jacobs been really sad lately. I get it though, who wouldn't be if their dad who was in prison decided to show up and screw everything up?" I say.
  "I understand. You guys are adorable together. Jacob is so sweet to you." Hailey compliments.
  "Thank you!" I blush just thinking about him.

~Jacobs pov~
  I walk downstairs to hangout with the guys and when I walked in they were talking about Chesney and Hailey.
  "Bro Jacob is so lucky to have Chesney. She's so sweet and caring." I hear mark say. He better not like her.
  "Hey guys what's up?" I ask, pretending I didn't hear Mark.
  "Hey Jacob!" They say.
  "We were just talking about Chesney. How is she doing?" Brandon asks. I swear if he likes her too I'm not gonna be happy.
  "She's doing great. Best girlfriend, as always." I say and put on a smile.
  "I feel like I'm the only one not drooling over Chesney." Hunter interrupts. "My eyes are all on Hailey and I'm happy to have such a perfect girl!" He smiles just thinking about her.
  "Well Chesney's mine and y'all can hang with her, just don't try anything." I joke, looking at Mark. He puts his hands up in surrender, I laugh. "I'm just kidding!" I say and playfully punch him.

~a couple hours later~

  "Okay guys, I'm going to go get Chesney. I'll see you tomorrow!" I say.
"See ya!" They say. I walk upstairs to our room and see Chesney already laying down. I lay down next to her and she puts her head on my chest as I drift off to sleep.

Okay, that was a quick lil update because I have to pack!! I'm going camping in West Virginia and there's no wifi or service (tragic right?) but I'll be working on some chapters while I'm there and if I find some wifi I'll post. See ya in like a week!! Thanks for 38.1k!! Ilysm
Goal: 38.9k
Word count: 861 words