Chapter 33

~ Chesney's pov ~
  I wake up and see Jacob still sleeping. I decide not to wake him up so I get my phone from under the pillow and text Mrs. Sartorius.

Chesney: I'm sorry Jacob was being rude last night, I think it was quite a surprise for him to see his father. Do you want me to try and get him to talk to you?

She answers almost immediately.

Mrs. Sartorius: Yes please, if you can could you get him downstairs by 9:00?

I read it and look at the time- it's 8:30.
"Shit" I whisper to myself. Half an hour is not enough to get this stubborn boy out of bed to talk to someone he already hates.
"Jacob" I say as I gently shake him awake. "Jacob wake up"
"No, you go back to sleep Ches." Jacob groans.
"Come on, your parents wanna talk to you!" I say. Jacob shoots up.
"That man is not my father. He is just someone who decided to pop up in my life after probably raping my mom!" Jacob raises his voice, then tears form in his eyes. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to snap at you." He whispers, taking both my hands in his.
"It's okay, but can you please talk to them? I'll be right beside you the whole entire time, I promise. Just please do this, for me?" I ask, basically begging him.
  "Fine, only if you hold my hand the whole time." Jacob agrees. I smile and get up, heading to the door.
  "No no honey, I'm not done." Jacob says.
  "What?" I ask, confused.
  "If I talk to my parents, you have to do whatever I want all day." Jacob grins.
  "Fine, as long as it's not weird." I sigh.
  "Okay, don't put your clothes on yet though. You look better in mine than I do." I Jacob smirks. I look at him, he's looking me up and down and I laugh.
"Okay, do you want to go downstairs now?" I ask. Jacob sighs and gets up. He grabs my hand and squeezes it tightly. We walk down the stairs to the kitchen where Jacobs parents are already waiting.
"Mother, father." Jacob says as he takes a seat, not letting go of my hand the whole time. I sit down after him.
"What did you want to talk about? Don't take forever because I get to plan what's going to happen for today." Jacob says, looking at me the whole time. I smile like a fool.
"Well I wanted to talk to you about your father. Jacob, you know how I was on a business trip for the past couple weeks?" Jacobs mom asks.
"No, didn't realize you were gone." Jacob sarcastically answers. His mom sighs at his attitude.
  "Well I wasn't actually on business trip, I was visiting your father." She says. Jacob rolls his eyes.
  "You know, I probably should have known. You just wanted to get away from me and mess around with him. I can't wait until I can move out to get away from you!" Jacob yells.
  "Calm down" I whisper as I squeeze his hand. He sighs.
  "You should be happy for us Jacob!" His mom raises her voice.
  "Well I would be but you didn't even say anything about dating!" Jacob raises his voice also. This isn't going to be pretty. 
  "Okay, well your father and I are dating again and he's moving in so you'll have to forgive him sooner or later!" His mom yells at the end. His dad just sits there with a blank  expression.
  "Good luck with that because I'm never forgiving this monster!" Jacob yells. I squeeze his hand.
  "You know what? I'm done. I'm going away for the weekend!" His mom yells as she gets up.
  "Can you take my father?" Jacob asks.
  "No." She answers. "Chesney, I am sorry you had to hear this." She says, going into her room. Jacob runs up the stairs into his room, I'm basically being dragged.
  We run into the room and Jacob locks the door behind him. When he turns around, I give him a big hug. I wrap my arms around his neck and he puts his arms around my waist.
  "I love you. It's going to be okay, I promise. I'm always right here for you." I tell him.
  "Thanks. I know it's a pain in the ass to deal with me." Jacob sighs as he lets out a small chuckle. I let go and sit on the bed. I pat beside me so Jacob can sit with me.
  "What are you going to do if my dad starts abusing us?" Jacob asks out of the blue with tears in his eyes.
  "Jacob, why would he do that?" I ask, confused. 
  "Ches, I'm sorry but I lied to you. My dad didn't leave us, was in prison for 11 years for drugs and alcohol. My mom told me last year." Jacob nervously says.
  "my dad used to be an alcoholic and he would yell and hurt us but he's gotten much better. He got therapy and now he's okay. If your dad does, we could always stay at Hailey's." I answer. Jacob gives me a slight smile.
"You won't leave me?" He softly asks.
  "No Jacob, I would never leave you." I say, grabbing his hand. He smiles.
  "Okay." He whispers.
  "Now, remember that deal? We can do whatever you want." I say. He grins.
  "Yes we can!" He says. He jumps up and pulls me to the door. He pulls me down the steps and outside.
  "Jacob! I don't have shoes on!" I yell as he tugs me along the sidewalk.
  "Neither do I!" He yells back. He slows down so that we are walking side by side and turns into Haileys house. He opens the door and walks right in.
  "Okay we need some shoes and some money ASAP!" He yells.
  "Okay what the hell are you here for? You're lucky my parents aren't home or you'd have a bullet through your head right now." Hailey says as she runs down the stairs.
  "We need to borrow some shoes because we had to get out of the house. I get to chose what happens today." Jacob smirks. Hailey looks discussed.
  "Well I'll get some shoes. How much money? You better pay me back!" She shouts as she runs up the stairs.
  "70 please?" Jacob yells so she can hear from upstairs.
  "Are you seriously spending your money on me?" I ask. Jacob gives me a cheesy smile.
  "Well it's my choice the whole day!" Jacob smiles. Hailey runs down the stairs with a pair of hers and a pair of hunters shoes and 2 hundred-dollar bills.
  "Here. Don't have too much fun!" She says, waving us off. "Wait, why does Chesney look homeless?" She asks, looking me up and down.
  "Jacob chose my outfit. Isn't it gorgeous?" I sarcastically ask while sliding on the vans Hailey got me.
  "Hey, you look hot!" Jacob answers. I roll my eyes.
  "Well I'll text you later. Bye!" Hailey says. She's acting like she's in a hurry.
  "Wait, is Hunter waiting for you?" I smirk.
  "Maybe. Well bye!" She says as she pushes us out and closes the door.
  "Well they're gonna have some fun!" Jacob comments as we start walking. "And so are we." He adds. I playfully punch his shoulder.

Hey, I'm so so so sorry I haven't updated. I'll have one ready on Monday to make up how long it's been.
Thanks for 35.9k reads!!! My new goal is 36.5k. Thanks for all the support lately, it honestly amazes me!!!!
My question of the day is, should I start wrapping this book up? I have tons of ideas for more books for you guys :)
(Comment a ❤️ if you read this!)
Word count: 1314 words.