Chapter 38

~Chesneys pov~

Jacob and I walk back into the ice cream parlor.
"Jacob and I are going back to Haileys house. We'll see you later." I say and grab Jacob's hand as we walk down the sidewalk.
"Wait why?" He asks.
"Cause I want to talk. Jacob, you can get jealous around any guy I'm with but Mark. He's like a brother to me and I know he would never make any moves on me. Can you just trust me with Mark?" I ask.
"Yeah, I'm really sorry Ches. I just get really jealous really easily." Jacob apologizes. I nod.
"But I have a plan now."
"What kind of a plan?" Jacob asks, confused.
"We are going to get Mark a girlfriend so that he isn't so sad all the time. I'm going to go to Marks the day after tomorrow and trust me, nothing will happen." I say. "I'm just going to talk to him and then we'll probably talk to fans in the area or something."
"Fine. Can I invite Weston and Mario then?"
"Sure." I smile as we walk into Hailey's house.
"But I don't want you to leave." Jacob pouts.
"It's one day, you'll be fine." I say.
"Okay." Jacob sighs as he gathers his things and goes to the other room to call Weston and then Mario. Meanwhile, I pack up my clothes and get ready to go home.
Once I'm done, I scroll through my phone and decide to call Mark.
"Hey Ches, what's up?" He picks up after 3 rings.
"Hey Mark, can I go over like the day after tomorrow? I want to talk to you." I say, cutting right to the chase.
"I guess it's fine with me as long if Jacobs okay with it." Mark replies.
"Yeah I talked to him. I'll see you soon I guess?"
"Definitely." Mark says.
"Okay bye."
"Bye."
Jacob walks in right after I hang up. I smile at him and put my phone down.
"Weston and Mario are going to try to be here by tomorrow." Jacob says and sits on the bed.
"That's good. You guys can broadcast together and make videos." I smile at Jacob.
"You promise nothing's going to happen?"
"I swear. Mark isn't like that, didn't you know?"
"Yeah I know." Jacob sighs.

~time skip, the next day~

The door bell rings as Jacob and I are sitting on the couch watching icarly.
"I got it!" I say and spring up, speeding over to the door with Jacob following. I open the door to see eager Weston and Mario standing with suitcases and huge smiles on their face.
"Hey Gucci mama!" Weston yells as he engulfs me in a huge hug. "I missed you." He whispers in my ear.
"I missed you too." I say before letting go. He lets himself in and sits on the couch.
"Mario!" I yell and give him a hug.
"Hey Chesney, how are you?" He says into my shoulder.
"I'm doing great!" I say as I let go. Mario takes a seat on a reclining chair in the living room. Jacob and I sit on the couch, me squished in the middle of him and Weston. Jacob stays quiet as we watch the TV.

Once the episode is over, Weston gets up with a huge smile plastered on his face.
"I have an announcement." Weston says.
"Okay, what is it?" Jacob asks, looking excited to know what it is.
"I got a girlfriend!" Weston shouts. I smile and he smiles back at me.
"Congrats!" I say enthusiastically. Weston smiles.
"Do you wanna start a broadcast?" He asks.
"I'd love to, but I'm going to go visit Hailey and she how she's doing. I'll see y'all later!" Mario says as he grabs his phone and charger and heads out the door.
"Well we can broadcast alone." Weston smiles as he turns on his laptop. "Just like we did like three weeks ago, but it seems like it's been forever" he laughs. I smile as we start the broadcast.

Hailey's pov (listen to treat you better by Shawn Mendes because this chapter is sorta inspired by it)

Hunter, Mark, Brando, Amber and I start making our way back to my house after Jacob and Chesney left. She texted me saying she went home.
We go into the house and watch tv for a little bit and then the doorbell rings.
"I got it!" I say and get up from the couch Hunter and I were sitting on.
When I open the door, I see Mario.
"Hey." He smiles. We hug and I let him inside.
"What a surprise! Why are you here? I ask, taking my seat back with Hunter as Mario plops on a reclining chair.
"Well Jacob invited us and I wanted to stop by here to see how you guys are doing." He smiles.
"Well we're doing great thanks for visiting you may be on your way now bye bye!" Hunter says as he shoos Mario out the door.
"Hunter what the hell?" I say and run after Mario, bringing him back inside.
"Sorry about him, Hunter is really overprotective." I say and glare at Hunter, he puts his hands up in surrender.
I hear Mark sigh from the other end of the couch.
"I'll see you guys later, I'm going to walk home. Nice seeing you Mario!" He waves and obviously fakes a smile.
"What's up with him?" Mario asks once Mark is out the door.
"He's been depressed and stuff for a while, we're not exactly sure why but we think it has to do with the fact that he's still single." Brandon chimes in. Mario nods and look at me.
"Can I talk to you, alone?" He asks.
"Um I-"
"No, she can't. She will stay right where she is." Hunter interrupts and puts his arm around my waist tightly.
"I don't mind talking alone." I say and glance at Hunter before getting up and following Mario to another room, away from the rest.
"So what did ya want to talk about?" I ask.
"I miss you, Hailey. I want you back. Hunter already hurt you and you went back to him for what? He's just going to hurt you again. I would treat you so much better! You don't look very happy with Hunter right now." Mario confesses.
"What? I'm sorry. I wasn't really expecting that. Hunter treats me just fine though, and I love him." I say to Mario and turn away but he grabs my wrist.
"Okay, but anytime you need me just know that I'll be here. I would treat you like a queen." Mario says. I snap my wrist away and walk out. I guess I'm being a little rude about this but Hunter and I are doing perfect and I don't need any more drama. Jacob and Chesney already have enough I have to deal with, plus the whole mark situation. I'm not angry with them but they're pretty dramatic.

A/n
Hey guys!! Did you like that Hailey part? Idk I thought I would add a little twist since Mario is in town. Anyways, school just started so I might make a schedule for updating idk. TYSM FOR 47.3k READS!! My new goal is 50k. I can't believe how far we've gotten and all of you make me so happy.
Word count: 1207 words