Chapter 14 | Put on your war paint

I stormed down the backstage area, all I could see was red at this point. I had no idea how to control it, not that I really could anyway. I was on the hunt for The Authority. This game had hurt one of the people that I considered as true family and I was not going to let it continue. AJ ran after me trying to stop me from probably pummeling all of their faces inside out.

"Alix please think about this. Don't do anything stupid or crazy." AJ pleaded but it was no use, I was too enraged to even think about stopping.

I reached the office door with AJ still rushing along side me still attempting to get me to calm down and just leave them alone. She knew i'd go in for the kill if I got anywhere near any of them. I grasped the handle tightly as AJ gripped onto my shoulder, staring me straight in the face.

"Don't go in there." Her eyes looked worried as I let out a sigh, shaking my head in the process.

"️️AJ please, just let me do this." That was the last thing I had said to her before throwing the door wide open, stepping inside.

Everyone's head's were turned to face me. Some shocked, some amused. I looked at Randy for a moment but soon quickly turned my attention to Triple H. I couldn't stay silent anymore, I was done with all this. I was done with The Authority taking their anger out on friends because of me. As they told me, it was all because of me. If I hadn't rebelled against them, they would've not put anyone's job on the line, they wouldn't of put AJ in handicapped matches, they wouldn't of tortured the living hell out of everyone. But right now, I couldn't let that get the better of me. I couldn't allow myself to get upset anymore over their twisted words.

"Who the hell do you think you are." I hissed as Stephanie - or in my case the woman I had once called my mother - looked at me rather amusingly, laughing at my actions.

"This isn't even funny, it's disgusting. You're harming everyone else just because I decided to take a turn for the better and leave you all. You are vile." I stated with slight sass in my angry tone.

"Why don't you just be quiet for a moment Alix. After all, this is their own fate and at the end of the day, well, it's all because of you." Those words cut deep. A sense of frustration seethed through my being. I couldn't take it anymore, I wanted to settle this.

"You can take it out on me then. Nobody and I mean nobody, takes it out on the people I love. Not even you, you disgusting human beings." I clenched my fists as The Shield got up and stood in front of me, seemingly knowing I was ready to throw myself at Stephanie and send punches at her.

"You sure you wanna do that Alix? You might want to rethink." Roman Reigns looked down at me, his arms crossed. Dean and Seth began to tut in the background.

"Get the hell out of my way. You may of somewhat intimidated me at one point, but quite frankly i'm really, really not in the mood." I spoke through gritted teeth, holding my ground.

"Sorry, but we can't do that. You see we are your father's enforcers." Dean cracked his knuckles as he tilted his head. Eventually placing his hand up and into his chest, tapping furiously.

"That piece of crap over there is not my father. Sure he may of been at one point, but get this through your thick skull. He is no longer any father of mine, he is nothing but a piece of trash to me." I spat running a hand through my hair, clearly infuriated. That may of come across as harsh but by this point, it was nothing but the truth.

Triple H then stood in the middle of The Shield, looking down at me also.

"You really wanna fight so bad? Do you really want to test me right now Alix? Why don't you leave before you make matters worse for yourself. You're just a little girl." Triple H grinned evilly as I crossed my arms.

"Bite me Mr.Cerebral Assassin." I stood tall, I was not going to back down no matter how much it may hurt me in the long run.

"Fine. You'll have a 6-man tag team match on Smackdown. You can pick two male partners of your choosing. However your opponents will remain unknown until then."  Those words hit me quite hard, I truly was not expecting that reply. But game on.

"Alright. All I can say is I hope those mystery opponents won't go easy." I smirked, brushing my hand through my hair once more.

"Now, You can leave."

"Or I can have you escorted out." Triple H patted Dean on the back as The Shield walked closer to me.

"I can leave on my own accord. I don't need your little guard dogs to throw me out." And with that I left the room, slamming the door behind me.

I didn't have long to find two partners and I had to make sure that they were a good. I didn't want Daniel suffering under The Shield's wrath any more, so he would be completely out of the question.  I leaned against one of the walls backstage, deep in thought about who my partners were going to be. It was a rather tough decision I mean Big Show practically left myself and Daniel to get slaughtered by The Shield and Randy. Punk has championships to worry about right now. Dolph has already fallen victim to The Authority. There really was nobody I could fully trust.

"Alix?" I was pulled out of thought as I saw none other than John Cena standing in front of me.

"Oh.. John.. Hello." I stuttered trying not to let my emotions get the better of me.

"I sort of heard you needed two male partners for Smackdown's 6-man tag. I wanted to offer my help." John had a proud tone in his voice as I became startled.

"How did you know that?" I tilted my head, still completely confused as to how John knew this.

"Let's just say when you're in The Authority's office, the conversation is always extremely loud." John chuckled as did I. I shot him a warm smile as I straightened up from leaning against the wall.

"That would make me thankful, John." I nodded my head as did he and right there and then, we shook on it.

"Did I hear 6-man tag?" Punk was strolling along behind John and eventually pipped up.

"Well, seeing as how you need one more partner.." Punk was now making gestures to himself.

"Alright. It's settled. We'll team against whoever The Authority has chosen." We all shook on it and sent smiles to each other.

The only thing that sent panic through out my mind was the fact we had no idea who our opponents would be for the match. I found it rather nerve wracking as it really could be anybody. It could be Kane, It could be two of The Shield members, it could even be some of my closest friends. This was what had sent fear coursing through my veins. Would The Authority really turn my own friends against me after all I've done?