Chatper 38 | Promise Me

Previously.

'Punk.' I called out toward him, he turned his head slightly in my direction before rolling out of the ring. By this point I was really starting to become more and more aggravated by his actions. I rolled out of the ring after him and stormed up the ramp as soon as he had gone through the entrance way.

--------------------

Picking up my pace, I sped after Punk whom was now wandering backstage aimlessly. I continued to call out to him, however, all i received in response was silence, he began to seemingly act as if I was non existent. I felt aggravation take over my entire being as I finally managed to catch up to him, panting slightly. Pushing my way in front of him, I turned on the heel of my foot, my gaze catching his eyes.

'Earth to Punk.' I spat, my eyes twitching slightly as I focused my stare on his own eyes. I felt his hand on my shoulder, attempting to move me from his path. I resisted, keeping a stern stance in front of him.

'Stop pushing me back! What the hell has gotten into you? You're acting as if i've just struck you in the back with a chair!' All my anger had finally shone through, Punk seemed to become a little startled by my sudden outburst, but I refused to care, I needed answers.

'You wouldn't understand if I told you!' Punk retorted, his tone becoming very distasteful and loud. I clenched my fists tightly, tears threatening to spill from my eyes. I shook my head rapidly, sending my clenched fist into Punk's chest.

'Of course I would understand! Why wouldn't I? Have you forgotten everything we've been through? You've always treated me somewhat like a younger sister, you'd tell me everything! Now it's as if you don't even know me!' My emotions were getting the better of me by this point. My heart was racing from the amount of anger spilling from my aura, I couldn't hold back any longer.

'Of course I remember Alix! How could I forget!' Punk's voice became noticeably distraught as he continued to yell back at my words. I shook my head, crossing my arms in the process of doing so.

'Really? Because you don't seem like the same Punk that I know and love.' I wasn't thinking about my words at this point, I was at a crossroad in my mind, part of me wanted to hear him out and apologise for yelling dramatically at him yet another part of me just wanted to scream and shout at him. Without saying another word I stormed off in the opposite direction, hearing Punk calling my name like I had called his earlier, however I ignored him.

My mind was set on heading to catering, I wanted to forget everything that had just occurred. Was it that bad that Punk had to treat myself and others as if they weren't here? I shook my head rapidly, ignoring the thoughts, pushing them aside in my mind. I noticed the three men I had grown to know very well standing outside of the catering entrance, caught up in conversation.

Minding my own business I casually continued in my way, noticing some of the divas sitting within catering at one of the tables. Just as I had sauntered past the three males, a sly voice filled my ears.

'Trouble in paradise?' My head whisked its way toward Ambrose, Reigns and Rollins. I stopped dead in my tracks as I turned the entire position of my body to face them.

'What?' I questioned, my tone overflowing with annoyance and slight hesitation evident. Crossing my arms over my chest, I began to rapidly tap against my elbow with the opposite hand.

'Oh you know, you and Punk. Are things getting a little rocky? I mean, here we all assumed that your bond was as strong as ever.' The group snickered as Rollins spoke out. I scoffed slightly, my eyes darting away from their direction.

'I don't understand why the three of you are so concerned. Becoming relatively obsessed stalkers is not a good look, boys.' My voice was seething with harsh tones and I could feel myself getting ready for another outburst.

'Does it upset you Alix? Does it upset you that all your friends are suddenly just dissipating their connections with you?' Ambrose shot, the left side of his lips tugging upward into a half smirk.

'Does it upset you that Punk still managed to beat the three of you, in a three-on-one handicapped match? It was hilarious by the way.' I snarled back before turning on the ball of my foot, heading into catering without even sending them a second glance.

Shrugging of the events that had occurred, I gripped tightly onto a single plastic plate, adding food to it as I went along the small buffet. After the Punk incident, I vowed to myself that I'd be pushed aside by anyone else for the time being, I certainly was not going to be walked over by the self proclaimed 'hounds of justice'. This was just a fraction of being within the business though, not everyone is as what they may appear.

'Ready for our match later?' I felt a hand grip onto my shoulder causing myself to slightly jump at the sudden movement, I recognised the voice as Naomi's.

'You really know how to creep up on people, huh.' I chuckled a little, placing my free hand over my chest for more of a dramatic effect from the scare. Myself and Naomi had been placed in a match against AJ and Tamina, in all honesty, I had forgotten all about it due to the amount of drama that had been going on lately.

'Ready as ever, I guess.' We both made our way over to one of the free tables, my voice filled with less assurance. Plopping myself down into one of the seats, I began to toy with my food with the fork. Naomi was sat across from where I had chosen to sit, both elbows resting on the table as she lo led to me in concern.

'Look, it's pretty obvious there's something wrong between yourself and Punk, but maybe if you would just try to talk..-'

'Tried that. Didn't work.' I quickly cut her off before placing the fork into my mouth, eating the small part of food that had come with it.

'Properly? In all due respect, I seriously doubt that.' Naomi placed her left hand onto my shoulder, her words combining with a tone of kindness.

'I understand but, that's never going to happen.  He's keeping something from everyone, it's highly unlikely that I'll be able to have a civil conversation with him because of that.'

Scoffing down the rest of my food, I finished by wiping my mouth with the small napkin that had been placed on the table. Naomi kept quiet for a moment as we both stood up. I placed the plate into one of the rubbish bins before beginning to exit catering with Naomi.

'Alix, I still think that..-'

'DIVA'S TAG UP NEXT!' The voice of a member of the crew team could be heard through out backstage, cutting off Naomi yet again.

'I appreciate your help Naomi, but Punk can wait, we have a match to focus on and potentially win.' Her eyes began to glimmer in amusement and happiness at my words. We both headed toward gorilla where we awaited our announcement. Out of the corner of my eye I became slightly startled, noticing The Shield standing not too far away from gorilla. However, at the other side I noticed Punk, his gaze focused on me. Reigns turned his head slightly toward Punk's direction, nodding and chuckling suspiciously to Ambrose and Rollins.

My eyes widened in worry slightly, however this was certainly not the time. However before I could take any action Naomi's entrance music began to play as she linked our arms together. The last glimpse of backstage I had managed to catch was The Shield moving their gazed between both myself and Punk. This certainly wasn't going to end well.

'Punk!' I yelled before the curtain had closed over entirely.