Chapter 23 | Abandoned

Previously

Out of the corner of my eye I could see a sly smirk appearing across Dolph's lips however when I turned my head in his direction, his lips became a firm straight line. Confusion ran through my mind but I shook it off and continued to crawl toward Dolph who was now holding his hand out so I could make the tag. I gathered all of my energy and pushed up off of my hands, launching myself toward our corner. I stretched out my hand in order to make the tag but the sense of relief soon turned into a sense of despair.

Dolph had jumped off of the apron.

-----------------------------------------------

My eyes grew wide as I took in all that had just happened. Dolph had abandoned me. He stood directly outside of the ring, a sickly smile appearing on his lips as he waved in a mocking way toward me. My blood had reached boiling point, it all made sense. Dolph had been acting strange the majority of the match and now it was all falling into place. The arena filled with boo's as Dolph continued to stride around on the outside of the ring. 'You suck' and 'Sell out' chants began to erupt from the audience as Dolph took it all in with a smile on his face. He had been planning this all along with those scum bags, he had gone not only behind my back but behind Punk's, AJ's and John's backs too. 

I simply couldn't pull myself together, all I saw after Dolph's little stunt was red. I was blinded by my own weakness, I cared too much for Dolph and put all my trust in him that I was blinded by the fact he was really nothing but a snake. Everything Dolph had told me; how great I was, how much I meant to him as friend and everything else came flooding back in my mind. He never meant any of it, he was just acting all along. 

Dolph then used a pointing gesture that was toward something or someone behind me however before I could turn around I felt a tug on my leg. Seth had gotten into the ring and was now pulling me toward The Shield's corner. This was it. I was done for. I continued to use my other foot to try and kick him in the torso however that idea had quickly come to a halt as Seth had realized and gripped onto my other leg. I wriggled and flailed around on the mat, desperately trying to crawl away however my actions were only met with loud laughter coming from Ambrose, Rollins and Reigns. Soon enough I was propped up against the turn buckle in The Shield's corner. Rollins in front of me with Reigns and Ambrose standing either side. I then felt a sharp pain rush through my body as Seth sent multiple kicks to my stomach, I had tried to fight him off but my arms were now being held back by both Dean and Roman. I began yelling out to Dolph but it was useless, he stood there with a huge grin spread across his face.  

Dean and Roman had released my arms from their grip and I was now propped up against the bottom of the turnbuckle. I wouldn't cry no matter how much I wanted to. Dolph had my back through everything and now he was gone - Dolph had sold out to The Authority. As much as I wanted to finish the match to prove a point, I just simply couldn't. I was trying my hardest to contain the emotional wreck of myself inside but I could tell it wouldn't be long until it all came out in front of everyone. I often portrayed myself as an unbreakable and strong woman but in reality, I was yet another weak little girl. Seth had now tagged Dean back into the match and I soon felt myself being lifted to my feet. I was thrown into the middle of the ring, my body connecting with a loud thud on the mat. I let out a groan as I held onto my back as well as my head considering they had taken the most of the impact. I used the last of my leg power to kick Ambrose away from my now somewhat injured body and crawled toward the ropes. I rolled underneath them and onto the flooring that was outside of the ring - I had to get to Dolph. I made my way toward the top of the ramp where Dolph was standing, his hands on his hips, laughing at my attempts to get to the top of the ramp. 

I was stopped in my tracks as multiple members of the locker room began to spill out onto the stage and form a line in front of Dolph. My eyes grew wide as Triple H and Randy Orton had made their way in front of everyone, Dolph joining them at their side.

"Oh Alix, you look angered, frustrated and unsettled. What? Are you finally realizing the consequences of leaving The Authority? I certainly wouldn't like to be in your shoes. Loosing people that are close to you, watching the innocent ones that you love get beaten up, it must be a hard life for you right now." Randy grinned whilst tapping his microphone.

"Just face the facts, you're a loser. You thought you could win against a dominant force but in reality, that force is much stronger than you may think. I gave you chances to redeem yourself but you tossed them aside and in this business those chances are vital. However, the best part of this whole situation is that you try to show everyone you're a strong girl but yet here you are, trying to run from a match." Triple H continued to hurl all my now failures toward me through his microphone. I balled my fists, my once pink, flesh toned knuckles turning white. They were trying to get into my head, they were trying to make me miserable. I signaled for one of the crew members to hand me a microphone.

I pressed it against my lips, my blood boiling inside of me as a sort of anger thrashed to be released.

"That's where you're wrong. I'm not running from a fight, it's funny you'd even suggest something like that. Loosing friends, huh? That's how you see it? Oh no father dearest. I have all the friends I need. I don't associate myself with sell out noodle haired men. If you and Stephanie want to play mommy and daddy to Ziggler, that's fine I don't care." I could see Dolph's eye twitching as he stepped forward, raising the microphone up to his mouth.

"Sell out noddle haired men? Sweetheart, you might want to stop focusing on what's in front of you and more on what's about to hit you hard." Dolph chuckled darkly into the microphone as Triple H placed his hand on Dolph's shoulder. I spun around on my heel and I soon was met with excruciating pain as my spine connected with the hard flooring. I winced as I looked up and saw all three members of The Shield standing there, their fists placed tightly together as they stood over me. Realization soon came that I had been hit with a spear. I groaned as I turned my head to face back up at the stage and all of the locker room were now retreating to the back except from Randy,Dolph and Hunter who were all rejoicing over the fact that I had been taken down. 

I stretched out my arm and gripped onto the microphone that I had dropped.

"You can hit me with everything you've got Trips, but hell if you think i'm backing down and surrendering to you lot. What was it you always used to say Hunter? Oh right, Suck it." I smirked as He began to storm backstage with Randy and Dolph who's mouths were hanging open. The Shield gave me a few kicks to the back and stomach before retreating backstage along with their cohorts. Before I knew it I had medics and referee's surrounding me but I simply pushed them away, I noticed John and Punk coming down the ramp along with AJ who quickly headed over to check on me.

"You really had to go and do that didn't you kid?" John chuckled to himself as AJ met me with a reassuring smile.