Chapter 40 | All good things must come to an end.

Turning back to Punk I awaited his words, I had to find out exactly what was going on with him. Surely it couldn't be that bad and he had just been over exaggerating right? I watched as he took in another deep breath, his lips parting as his eyes once again drifted away from mine.

'I'm leaving WWE, Alix.'

Playlist for this chapter:

- Happy the hard way ; Every Avenue (Yep, a sad one i'm sorry. I strongly recommend you listen whilst you read this to get a proper feel for the chapter.)

------------------
For a moment I had assumed that my ears had deceived me, but oh how wrong I was. I couldn't believe it, it was as if I had just been hit hard in the head. I could feel my eyes welling up with tears but I refused to allow them to roll down my cheek. My heart had sank into my chest as I kept a cold, vacant stare on Punk who i'm sure was waiting for my reply. But how on earth would I reply to something like that? Surely this was just a joke.

'Yeah and i'm going to defeat the authority with a one woman army.' I rolled my eyes, the sarcasm sliding off of my tongue as I crossed my arms over my chest. I refused to believe something as nonsensical and as sudden as that.

'I'm not kidding Alix. The only reason why I've been acting so cold towards you is because of that. I had no idea how you would react and I didn't want to end up making you lose focus on your matches.' Punk replied desperately as I my mind still attempt to piece all of this information together. Punk certainly sounded serious in this case, causing my entire body to freeze up.

'If you haven't realised by now, I already lost focus tonight. But that doesn't explain why the hell you waited this long to tell me. I don't understand Punk.' I allowed a sigh of grief to escape my lips as I turned my gaze away from him. The entire room was met with silence, I could feel anger boiling inside of me and I'm sure Punk was desperate to explain his actions.

'Why?' I spoke up softly after the awkward silence taking place for a few minutes.

'What?' Punk questioned, clearly he hadn't heard my words the first time around. I cleared my throat as I eventually turned my gaze back towards him.

'Why. Why are you leaving?' I asked, expecting a relatively short reply around the sorts of Punk being injured or something along those lines.

'I'm done Alix. I've lost my passion, I've lost my drive for wrestling. I'm fed up with being treated the way I am by this company, by leaving it will benefit me.' Punk twiddled his thumbs together, his gaze ripping away from mine and onto his hands.

'Benefit you? Benefit YOU?! What about the rest of us in the locker room Punk, what about AJ .. what about me.' My volume began to grow with each and every sentence I had spoke.

'You think this was an easy decision?! No, it damn well was not. I can't continue on like this Alix, trust me, if I still had the passion to do so I would, but right now, that passion has ended.' Punk spoke lowly, his eyes slowly edging back up to mine. For the first time I could see Punk was attempting to hold back his tears to prevent them from falling down his cheeks. I felt anger yet at the same time I could feel sympathy for him but that still did not justify his ways to just up and leave like this.

'But Punk, what about everything we've done leading up to this moment. I can't even begin to imagine myself attempting to fend off The Authority without you. Please, you're one of the only family-like figures I have left in this dump.' I began to feel myself becoming choked up, blinking rapidly as tears began to form in my eyes. I had held onto Punk for so long for support, sure there were times where we'd be at each others throats and proclaim that we hated each other but then a few moments later we'd have a strong family-like bond between us. Having to let go of that bond being with me on the road really felt like my heart had been ripped out.