Chapter 26 | Mind Games

As soon as I left the women's locker room I was greeted by Daniel Bryan who looked slightly off. It was as if something had unsettled him.

"Okay... What's wrong with you?" I asked out of curiosity, Daniel had started to look weak and tired to the max but I could tell this has all happened because of what the Authority were doing to him. However he seemed even more crushed at this point.

"They're trying to get Big Show to turn against us as well." Daniel let out a sigh of frustration whilst shaking his head at his words.

In all honesty I was a little taken aback as soon as he mentioned this. They were doing this to try and prove how much power they had over us. They were like a government and we were the uprising. They could take anyone they wanted whilst we had the minority. But Big Show? Surely not. He was too strong to ever fall victim to The Authority and the power they hold over the roster so why would they even assume they could turn him against us?

"He's too good for them Daniel, he won't sell out, trust me." I tried to sound as reassuring as I possibly could but then God only knows what The Authority are trying to do to get him to turn against us.

"I just feel slightly off considering our match is later tonight. They could try and pull something." Daniel rubbed the nape of his neck allowing a sigh of frustration to escape his lips. His hair fell over his eyes as he continued to stare down at the ground.

"I'll come out with you. If they do try anything i'll be the first person to stop them." I admit, I probably sounded pretty stupid and out of my mind but I simply couldn't allow them to humiliate Daniel any further. It was absurd and completely out of order.

"No. I will not allow you to risk yourself out there under any circumstance. You're staying here." Daniel's voice grew concerned. I completely understood where he was coming from but it was highly likely he'd face an attack again.

"Daniel, Listen to me. I hate The Authority's guts as much as you do. Please, just let me stand at ringside for you. I can-" I was interrupted as Brad Maddox approached us with a disheartened look on his face. 

"Alix. Daniel Bryan. I've come with word from Triple H and unfortunately, it's not good news. Triple H has requested the entire roster stand on the stage whilst the match goes on between Daniel Bryan and Big Show. However, any one who proceeds to get involved will be dealt with accordingly." Brad came off as quite informative but at the same time he seemed rather woeful.

"But why? Is he seriously getting a thrill out of Daniel suffering enough that now he has to have the whole roster watch?!" I had become more and more irritated by Hunter's orders, it was really getting under my skin. I gritted my teeth as my stomach churned.

"I don't ask questions, I just carry out orders Alix." With that, Brad walked off and began to mind his own business. I turned to Daniel, his fists clenching to the point where his knuckles became white. I saw Brie heading down the hallway with Alicia and signaled them both to come over.

Brie wrapped her arms around Bryan, pulling him into a comforting hug. Alicia's eyebrows raised in confusion as she turned to look at me. I shook my head toward her with a smile as Bryan and Brie embraced. 

"Maddox spoke to us earlier about the whole stage thing. I don't understand why Hunter's being so forward with everything, like it's as if he as no remorse at all." Alicia crossed her arms. Her tone coming off as very displeased. I nodded my head in agreement as she was completely right.

"I just feel as if it's partly my fault for this happening. This would've never of continued if I had just stayed and abided with their decisions." I hung my head low. Truthfully, I didn't regret leaving The Authority but part of me still felt melancholy.