Chapter 28 | Better off this way

Dolph had just entered the room, an expression filled with sorrow spread across his face as he approached my side. A look of disgust was known to now be displayed on my face. I no longer wanted anything to do with Dolph, he was a sell out, a liar and most of all a backstabber. The fact that he was now standing right beside me trying to look sympathetic really angered me.

"How're you doing kid?" Dolph's tone was soft however I refused to buy it. The Authority had probably set him up to come in here and check on how I was doing. They were sneaky like that, they wanted to hear of both mine and Daniel's recovery status just so they could do it all over again.

"I have nothing to say to you. I sure as hell don't need you walking on in here and asking how i'm doing. I mean let's ask the real question here Dolph. How does it feel to be a sell out, a backstabber if you will." Anger was seeping through my dull tone of voice, Dolph had no business being in here.

"I wanted to come back here and make things right between us again Alix. What I did last week.. it was a mistake. I regret ever agreeing with them." He couldn't of actually been serious right now? I clenched my fists tightly as I gritted my teeth. It sickened me that of all the times he could've chosen when to apologize, he had to do it when I had gotten hurt.

"A mistake? A MISTAKE? No Dolph, a mistake was me putting all of my trust into you. Did you think it was a mistake on the night you chose to leap off of that apron and leave me defenseless? No you damn well did not. Don't come in here and act as if you've done nothing wrong, don't come in here and act like you're the victim in all of this. I've made it clear I don't want anything to do with you anymore so in the most polite way possible I suggest you get the hell out of here. Run back to The Authority, it's full of power hungry backstabbers, you'll fit in perfectly there." The anger within me had just erupted, I could no longer contain it. I was sick of the way Dolph would act as if nothing were his fault. I won't accept it, not this time and not any day from now on.

"Alix I can explain" I slammed my fist against the medical bed. Dolph looked slightly taken aback by my multiple out bursts which actually made me slightly glad.

"There's nothing to explain. I told you to get the hell out so why haven't you done it yet? Leave Dolph or is that too hard for your bleached up brain to comprehend." I smugly turned my head away from him. I heard heavy footsteps and the door opening then slamming shut. I let out a sigh of relief knowing at he had finally left me in peace.

After resting for quite some time I finally decided to eventually get up. I moved my legs off of the medical bed and pulled myself up. I opened the door slowly then began making my way back to the locker room. It felt like the journey there took forever but my mind was clogged up with conscious thoughts and I became rather paranoid as to where The Authority could be. Every move I made it was as if I were walking on eggshells, they wanted me back with them and if I didn't go willingly they'd surely use force or simply end my career all together like they've already been trying to do. After cautiously checking every corner and inch of everywhere backstage that I walked, I eventually made it to the locker room. I gently pushed the door open and made my way inside where gasps came from all directions.

I took in my surroundings and realized that Brie was no where to be found. I turned to Nikki who was now looking at me with sadness and guilt within her eyes, I shot her a questioning look.

"Where's Brie?" I asked, tilting my head to the side. She definitely came out with my earlier tonight but since my little "rebellious" stunt as The Authority is calling it, I haven't seen her since.

"She's with Daniel. She told me to tell you she apologizes for not being able to come down to the ring and help you. All of us in here feel guilty for not being able to do that." I looked around and saw everyone from Naomi to AJ shaking their heads, frowns playing across their lips.