Chapter 19 | Lecture

"You've done it now Alix, you're on their list!" Daniel's tone was strict and sounded rather unsettling. Here I was, getting a lecture from Daniel and Brie for my supposed stupidity and inconsideration.

"Now that you're on their list, they're going to keep coming back. Keep coming after you until you're completely gone. I'm pretty sure they won't hesitate to put their hands on you at any given opportunity. Don't you understand what you've done? How could you be so reckless?!" Brie paced back and forth in front of me, I sat there with arms crossed allowing a somewhat bored expression to be painted across my face.

"alright, ALRIGHT. I get it, I pushed them too far and now i'm done for. I heard you the first time, I don't need to hear it over and over again. Besides, I'm the one that chose to push them over the limit not anybody else. I get it, it's my fault but you don't need to keep repeating yourselves." I shrieked. It's as if they just simply didn't acknowledge the fact that I was taking in every word they said - well maybe not every word but that's not the point.

"We're not doing this to bore you Alix. We're doing this for your safety." Brie lectured, I could tell she was trying to hold back her annoyance but it was very obvious. I rubbed the back of my neck with my palm as I allowed a quick sigh to escape my lips.

"You wanna talk about safety? I had to live under the watchful eye of every single member in The Authority. I will not allow you to do the same. I'm sorry and I understand you're only looking out for me, but i'm grown up now and I can most certainly make my own decisions as to whether I feel safe or not." My tone began to pick up in volume, I clenched the sheets of the bed I was sitting on tightly. I've already had to live by rules such as this before, there's no way in hell that i'm going to live under them again.

"We just want the best of you." Brie sighed as she sat herself down next to me, this is what really began to piss me off.

"I'M NOT A CHILD." My anger had finally ended up as an outburst, I had lashed out at everyone and I couldn't stop by this point.

"I'VE HAD TO LIVE UNDER THAT SAYING FOR TOO LONG, I CAME HERE TO GET AWAY FROM THAT BECAUSE I THOUGHT OF YOU AS THE FAMILY I NEVER HAD. YET YOU'RE BEGINNING TO TREAT ME LIKE THE WAY I WAS BEFORE." I launched myself up from sitting on top of the bed, I stormed over to the door and gripped the handle tightly.

"I thought I could trust you all. I thought I was finally happy. I guess I was wrong." I flung the door open and took a few steps outside the room before coming to an abrupt halt.

"Alix wait.. we didn't mean it like that.." Daniel took a couple of steps toward me, I laughed quietly to myself hysterically.

"We didn't mean it like that.. oh wow." I mocked Daniel and Brie's tone, this left them clearly taken aback by my actions. But I didn't care, it didn't seem as if they cared anyway in the first place.

"Alix.." I turned my head to see Brie who was now standing there, her mouth hanging open as her eyes widened.

"I know exactly what you meant." I paused for a moment before gripping onto the metal door handle, slamming the door behind me in the process. I had no idea where I was going to go, but I needed to find somewhere to clear my head.

I darted off down the long hotel hallway as soon as I realised that Brie,Daniel, Punk and Dolph were coming back to prevent me from leaving. My pace began to slow down as soon as I reached the entrance to the hotel, stuffing my hands in my pockets I headed off down the long, winding pathway. I felt myself beginning to shiver, as soon as I did I placed the hoodie that I had grabbed before walking out and from that moment I instantly realised it was Punk's. I pulled the hood up to prevent my hair from blowing wildly in the wind. I then had a weird feeling near my eyes, was I beginning to cry? I couldn't of possibly been crying. The fact that I now reflect on the whole situation, it hit me hard that they were my only thing close to family I had left and I just walked out on them. Surely there's no way they'd let me back just by saying a simple 'Sorry'.