Chapter 21 | Better late than never

The time was five thirty in the morning, I hauled myself up out of the bed and drowsily headed into the bathroom. That's when realisation had hit me, we were travelling to get to the arena for Raw tonight and of course, here I am not even remotely dressed for going out in public, proceeding to be as late as ever. I mean Brie and Daniel didn't even wake me up, no knocking on my room door, no yelling through the door - simply nothing.

I mean we usually do set out for the arena rather early so we can squeeze in some practice and sort out other business related things. I got lost in my thoughts but I was suddenly knocked back into reality as I tried to put on my jeans and somehow managed to fall through the bathroom door - because who needs locks. This incident changed everything, I was now wide awake unlike before. I quickly changed into the rest of my clothes for the day, stumbling around the room still. A knock sounded on the door to my room, I headed over and swung it open by the handle to see Brie and Daniel standing there, suitcases in hand.

"Have you even packed?" Brie tilted her head peering into my room a little more, knowing I had forgotten to do so I slapped my hand against my forehead letting out a groan.

I didn't bother to answer Brie's question so I rapidly ran over toward my bed, hauling my suitcase up on top of it then throwing in all of the contents that had spilled out of it. I had trouble closing my suitcase so I retorted to sitting on it while trying to forcefully make it close. Eventually it did.

"Well i'm all ready to go now." I sounded out of breath as I wiped my forehead with the back of my hand. Brie and Daniel both laughed causing my eyebrow to raise slightly.

"You can wrestle yet you're out of breath whilst packing a suitcase? Well that's definitely a first." Daniel crossed his arms, a smile playing across his face. I didn't reply for a short amount of time but I could feel both Daniel and Brie's eyes burning into the back of me.

"You can wrestle yet you're out of breath whilst packing a suitcase? Well that's definitely a first." I mocked, whispering to myself. I heard Daniel laugh which caused my eyes to roll. They were most definitely acting like parents more than the friends I knew right now.

I sent a glare in Daniel's direction, almost instantly receiving one back which made my lips curl upward. I turned my attention back to my suitcase and began hauling it out of the room along with Brie and Daniel, surprisingly I found myself packed and ready quicker than what I had assumed. We journeyed down to the front desk to hand in our room keys, eventually we left the hotel and traveled to the arena in the car that had been waiting for us. Everything that was supposed to happen later tonight was right at the back of my mind, I hadn't thought about it for the majority of the day. I spent the day out with Nikki and Brie, we eventually had met up with AJ and went out for lunch. The whole drama with The Shield hadn't bugged me which I found as a surprise considering it wasn't exactly as if myself and Dolph were going to have a friendly match with them later on tonight.

Upon entering the arena my eyes instantly shifted to Dolph and Punk who were standing, clearly conversing with one another. I looked at Daniel and Brie then back at Dolph and Punk, I repeated this for a few times before finally throwing my suitcase toward Daniel, his expression changing to a more confused state. I ran, picking up speed as I made my way over to both Dolph and Punk. Before I knew it, I was quite literally leaping toward them, jumping up and crashing into both of them. I crashed into both of them harshly, falling back down onto the floor as soon as our bodies connected.

"You're supposed to catch me you know." I sat on the floor, rubbing the side of my head whilst both men laughed.

"You really shouldn't be attempting to fly around here, it's dangerous for someone of your height Alix." Punk and Dolph laughed, Dolph clearly finding it extremely funny considering he changed his motion to clutch his stomach.