Chapter 39 | You're dead to me

previously..

My eyes widened in worry slightly, however this was certainly not the time. However before I could take any action Naomi's entrance music began to play as she linked our arms together. The last glimpse of backstage I had managed to catch was The Shield moving their gazed between both myself and Punk. This certainly wasn't going to end well.

'Punk!' I yelled before the curtain had closed over entirely.

------------------

My entire body tensed as Naomi and myself headed down the ramp toward the ring. The last glimpse I had seen of Punk wasn't exactly one full of happiness and delight, but more terror-stricken. My mind was at a crossroads, debating whether I should head back to help him or stay with Naomi, considering the ring was right in front of us. Surely the other superstars backstage would help him out? I mean it's not as if The Shield are favorites amongst the locker room.

Clambering into the ring alongside Naomi, we awaited the arrival of our opponents for the night. I couldn't take my mind off of the sight that I had witnessed before reaching the ring with my partner. I'd be surprised if Punk was still in one piece by the time I got back, this being the one thing that really worried me. Hopefully Punk actually took notice of my frantic yelling toward him before the curtain had closed over, for his own sake.

Snapping back to reality, the sound of AJ Lee's theme music echoed throughout my ears. I watched as her petite frame skipped down the ramp alongside Tamina. The Diva's titled was removed from her waist and lifted into the air as she clambered into the ring through the first rope. Tamina stood there, stone faced and tall as she overlooked her partner to catch a glimpse of myself and Naomi. My lips parted, releasing a small sigh of frustration in the process. The sooner this match ends, the sooner I can get to Punk.

The bell soon sounded as both teams took their respective corners. Nodding toward Naomi, I had taken it upon myself to start the match, whether or not that was a good idea at this point, I truly had no idea. Tamina had become my opponent for the time being as AJ stood on the outside, a crazed grin across her lips.  Tamina lunged toward me her arms out ready for a lock up, however she had managed to quickly maneuver it into a waist lock. I yelled out in frustration as soon as her grip tightened. Throwing my entire being to the floor, she continued to keep the hold in place, rag dolling my entire body around for a few moments. I had to concentrate, but how could I concentrate when one of my best friend's could possibly no longer have a career due to injury?

'Come on Alix!' Naomi called out, her voice full of reassurance as her arm was entirely stretched out in order to make the tag. As I attempted to reach out for Naomi, I felt Tamina pick up my entire body, lifting it into position for a slam. Seconds later I felt a draft of pain surge through my body as my back connected with the mat. Facing toward the corner that AJ had been residing in, a wicked laugh escaped her lips as she jumped up and down, awaiting for the tag to be made.

Tamina grabbed a fistful of my hair, tightly pulling on it as I felt myself being dragged over to both her and AJ's  corner, soon hearing the tag being made. AJ tightly gripped a fistful of my hair, picking me up from my somewhat seated position on the mat, leading me toward the middle of the ring. A sudden rush of pain ran through the back of my head as I was slammed back onto the ground by AJ pulling the back of my hair. I had never been this unfocused, it was as if i were a whole new person. AJ then skipped around my body that had been forced down onto the mat.

'That's why I'm the champ!' AJ Lee screamed, her arms raised high up in the air as she skipped around the ring, carefree as ever. I began to slowly crawl toward Naomi, my arm stretched out as far as it could go, reaching for the tag. AJ noticed and grabbed hold of my arm, mocking toward Naomi as if I were trying to go for the tag. Laughing hysterically AJ clubbed my back, causing my entire body to fall back onto the mat. Thoughts of Punk kept rushing through my head, I was overly concerned about his safety. In all honesty, I knew he was capable of taking them out due to what happened at TLC however, a sickly feeling continued to run throughout my stomach, was it a feeling of guilt?