Chapter 25 | Refusal

AJ's match had eventually finished and in all fairness, she really had torn into Naomi. I felt my breathing quicken as a sense of nervousness washed over me. This was it - I was going to call out Dolph.

Don't blink they won't even miss you at all,
And don't think that I'll always be gone,
You know I've got you like a puppet in the palm of my hand,
Don't you let me down.

My theme music had hit as I forcefully pulled back the curtain and stormed my way down the ramp. Nothing but anger had consumed me by this point, it was as if it were uncontrollable. I walked up the steel steps and made my way through the ropes and into the middle of the ring. I twirled the microphone around in my hand, a sadistic smirk appearing on my face.  Soon my music began to fade, leaving the arena filled with cheers.

"I haven't always been the smartest kid on the block around here. I've possibly been the most gullible to more situations than I can count. But if there's one thing I've realised loud and clear around here, it's that trust is a very delicate thing. I learned that first hand as soon as Dolph jumped off the apron, leaving myself in the ring with The Shield to almost get beaten to death." My tone grew louder and louder with each sentence. Inside I was distraught but on the outside all of my anger was consuming everything.

"I don't know how the hell The Authority managed to get into that bleach infested head of yours Dolph. But you've ultimately just proven that you're nothing but a suck up - a sell out. You played not only myself but you played John, CM Punk and AJ all along in this little 'game' of yours." I took in a deep breath as the crowd began booing at Dolphs name yet laughing at my insults toward him.

"I don't play little girl games Dolph but if that's what your into then fine, do that. But I hope you know that myself, John, Punk and AJ combined never have and never will be an easy beat." I threw the microphone down onto the mat, pacing around the ring.

Behold the King,
the King of kings.

Triple H's theme music began to play, my eyebrows became furrowed. Sure this whole incident involved The Authority but to me it was mainly about Dolph. One by one they walked out onto the stage. Stephanie and Hunter being the first then followed by Randy and The Shield. Triple H and Stephanie then stood aside as Dolph walked in between them and stood there in a suit. Their theme music soon died down as I raised the microphone up to my lips.

"Wow Ziggler, you traded in your 'Show Off' gear for a suit and tie. What a crappy trade, God only knows how your little Authority buddies managed to convince you to do such a thing." I leaned myself against the ring ropes, trying to hold in laughter between small pauses I took.

"Very funny. But why don't you come up with something more original, I'm pretty sure Randy over here has already been asked the exact same thing.  I didn't 'betray' you Lix, I simply evolved and adapted." I shook my head in disgust at his words, his new attitude was horrible and way more narcissistic than before.

"You lost the right to call me Lix when you sold out Ziggler so don't you dare come out here and act as if we're still friends. You sided with the enemy, you're dead to me." I ran a hand through my hair with frustration as my tone continued to raise in anger.

"I simply filled your place. You refused to go back to where you belonged in the first place with your own mom and dad. You refused whilst I saw this open position as a big opportunity. You really aren't as smart as you assume for rejecting an opportunity as great as this."  Dolph spoke with a sly grin spreading across his lips, my head was spinning by this point as I truly couldn't comprehend Dolph's actions.

"I was never their daughter, certainly to them I wasn't anyway. They saw me as an opportunity for them to make more money, not once did they see me as their daughter. I dare you to tell me different because all of you standing up there know damn fine that it's true." I spat, I had no intention of processing my words beforehand and just allowed my mind to speak for me.

"You're making a huge mistake Alix. We didn't raise you like this." Stephanie screeched into her microphone, her facial expression filled with horror at my actions.

"Raise me? You didn't raise me at all." And with that I dropped the microphone on to the mat. My gaze snapped in the direction of Triple H who was now whispering something to The Shield and Randy. Before I could even take in what was going on they began walking down the ramp, smirks and dark gazes plastered on their faces.

I slid out of the ring gripping onto a chair and then sliding back in again. I slammed the chair against the mat a couple of times, awaiting their next move.

Look in my eyes,
what do you see,
The cult of personality.

Almost instantly both Randy and The Shield turned to face the top of the ramp where Stephanie, Dolph and Triple H were standing. Their eyes grew wide as they turned to face the entrance area behind them. But to their dismay, nobody came out. I grew confused as Punk's theme was playing yet he was no where to be seen.

I heard the crowd around all of us cheering as the sound of two chairs smacking the ground came from behind us. I turned and saw CM Punk standing on the announce table with a chair in hand and John standing in front of him. They slipped past Seth and slid into the ring along side myself. The Shield and Randy scattered and bolted back up the ramp to stand with Triple H, Stephanie and Dolph. They retreated backstage and the audience cheered at their defeat and cowardly actions.

"Thanks for helping me out. But where the hell did you two come from?" I dropped the chair, crossing my arms as I shot them both a blank stare.

"It's a secret." Punk chuckled as I began to scowl at both of them.

We soon slid out of the ring and headed back up the ramp, walking right beside one another incase something were to happen. I pulled the curtain back as we headed backstage. I managed to catch a glimpse of The Authority scampering into Triple H's office. I let out a small giggle at their defeat, their weakness seemed to be chairs and angry superstars.

We parted ways as I headed into the women's locker room, I was there greeted with mixed reactions. The Bella's were standing with their mouths wide open, shocked at what had happened. AJ skipped over to me and hugged me tightly - a big cheesy grin appearing across her lips.

"You did great." Those three words sank into my heart, AJ almost seemed proud of me for sticking up for myself against The Authority.

"Thank you."