Chapter 24 | True Friends stab you in the front.

I winced as I began to move my head from side to side, attempting to stretch of the pain that had hit me after I was sent hard onto the ground as a result from taking a spear. I groaned,complained and basically did whatever I could to somewhat annoy the medical team. I had to find Dolph so we could have a little chat about what had happened and I most certainly don't mean that as in having a little sit down together with some tea. Hell no, this was going to be all out war.  The Authority couldn't get I my head so it was predictable that they'd try it on one of my friends however I was least concerned about Dolph falling into their grasp, yet here we are and I was wrong all along.

"How much more complaining are you going to do? come on Alix, man up." Punk joined in group laughter with AJ and John. I sat there, scowling as the atmosphere became humorous.

"I'm not complaining - or well maybe I am - I'm just voicing my injuries." I cocked my head sideways, shooting a devious grin to all three of them.

"Well there's no need to treat you for a concussion as you appear to be fine. I'll approve you can stay however, I'd suggest that you don't get in any heated confrontation with men twice your size for a while." The medic spoke causing laughter to erupt from both John and Punk.

"Are you both serious? Please do the world a favor and shut up for just once in your life." I hissed, my eyes growing dark as I turned to face both of them. Sooner rather than later both of their mouths snapped shut and the laughter was no more.

"Thanks. I'll be on my way now" I was about to leave the trainers room along with my three companions but I was pulled to a halt.

"Remember, no getting in the ring with..-" He began to talk but I soon cut him off.

"With guys twice my size. Yeah, yeah I gotcha." I waved off his words, my tone growing slightly bored as we headed out of the trainers room.

As we walked down the long hallways, we eventually said goodbye to both Punk and Cena who had scurried into the men's locker room. AJ and I continued to walk along side each other however every time I caught a glimpse of her from the corner of my eye she was staring at me, one of her eyebrows being raised.

"Okay what?" I abruptly stopped, crossing both of my arms as AJ tilted her head a little.

"How exactly are you planning to follow doctor's orders when you're basically on The Authorities hit list?" AJ questioned, a worried tone forming from her voice.

"Guess I'll just have to watch my step whilst beating their asses." I chuckled nervously whilst AJ just stood there in silence.

"Yeah, I'm screwed." My fake smile soon turned into a frown as I propped my back up against the nearest wall and slid down it.

AJ jumped down onto her knees and eventually plopped herself down beside me.

"You know, you're not that bad of a girl.  In the ring, okay I'll give you that but that's not the point here. You need to focus, don't let some silly little guard dogs get into your head Lix. You're better than that." AJ patted my shoulder reassuringly as I sat there, hanging my head in my hands.

"It's never enough AJ. I could be put into a match with one of them and they could have one arm tied behind their back yet they'd still win." I sighed in frustration as AJ scooted closer.

"Because your letting their little plans get to you. Fight mind games with mind games, fight fire with fire. You just need to start believing in yourself because everyone else here already does believe in you." With that, AJ jumped back up to her feet and began to trod down the hallway.

'Fight mind games with mind games, fight fire with fire' huh? Then sure, that's what I'll do.
-----------------------
Smackdown.

I had slightly recovered from the impact of my injury toward the back of my head. Some things still became a blur if I chose to turn or stand up too quickly. But I refused to let that stop me from roaming the hallways in search of Dolph. I was infuriated, it was as if anger was oozing out of me and I couldn't just 'let go' of what Dolph had done. It was humiliating and down right uncalled for, he chose to sell out to The Authority and God only knows how they managed to get inside of his head. They couldn't of possibly bribed him, I knew deep down inside that Dolph was too smart to fall for any trick of bribery - but then again The Authority have their ways of getting into people's heads.

I stopped in my tracks as I saw none other than the backstabber himself wandering through the backstage area. My thoughts were a whirlwind, I couldn't think straight as I was so blinded by both anger and devastation. Dolph spotted me and slowly made his way over, a cocky grin spreading across his lips.

"How did it feel to be helpless for once in your life Alix? Please do tell, I'd really like to know." Dolph placed his hands on his hips as his words seeped out.

"Great. You know, it really made my day when you jumped off of the apron. What next Dolph? Are you going to put on an act with Stephanie and Hunter then take a chair to their backs?" I spat, my words coming off sarcastically then changing into a much more serious tone. Dolph on the other hand chose to stay silent.

"That's what I thought. You're full of shit Ziggler and honestly, thank you for ditching me, it was a memorable moment of our friendship." I stuffed my hands into the pockets of the hoodie I was wearing, tilting my head whilst a devious smirk played across my lips.

"I'm full of shit? I'll have you know Alix that you.." I held my hand up causing Dolph to become cut off from talking.

"Save it. You've already made yourself unwelcome to not only myself but to John, AJ and Punk." I Raman a hand through my now wavy blonde hair as Dolph stood there, his mouth hanging wide open.

"And one last thing. Why don't you run along back to your safety place also known as Triple H's office and tell The Authority that I welcome them with open arms, they can hit me with whatever they want like but I'm just that much smarter mentally than all of you combined. Have fun, sell out." With that I paced around Dolph and further down the hallway to meet up with AJ before her match which would later lead on for me to go out and do a segment involving The Authority.

Eventually I met up with AJ who was playing with her hair and pacing back and forward in a somewhat awkward manner.

"AJ?" She jumped as I spoke out to her, it was as if she had been deeply startled.

"Lix? What are you doing here?" She piped up, straightening her posture to look at my now concerned facial expression.

"Uh, I just came to wish you good luck but you seem rather off. Spill it." I crossed my arms in front of my chest waiting for her reply.

"You see uhm.. I kind of like Punk." She let out a girly giggle after she had spoke, it was as if she had kept it as a secret for quite some time.

"This isn't going to turn into a real life version of your storyline with him is it? I really hope not." I smacked my hand onto my forehead as AJ continued to giggle and shake her head.

"Of course not. I guess you could say I've just began to develop more feeling for him as a person." She twiddled her thumbs as her voice became more of a squeak.

I was about to ask her more questions as to why but she had to leave to go to the gorilla position as her match was scheduled accordingly. I couldn't get that one thought out of my head though. AJ likes Punk. I was soon reeled out of my thoughts as a low voice boomed throughout the hallway.

"Didn't your mother ever tell you to never start battles that you know you can't win?" I turned on my heel and saw Dolph with The Shield standing behind him, their expressions were dark and seemingly unsettled.

"She did. I just never really payed attention." I fired back whilst crossing my arms in front of my chest.

"That's where your decision becomes a regret. Good luck, Lix." Dolph's voice was venomous, it sickened me since he considered to even use my nickname. I watched as all four of them headed down the hallway, not even looking back at myself once.