Chapter 17 | Friends?

After eventually being cleared from my injuries so I could head back to the hotel, I reflected on my deal with Dolph. I knew I could trust Dolph, but in reality I felt as if something was extremely wrong. But why should I be worrying? He's always had my back.
I dragged my suitcase down to the parking area where I was met by Brie and Daniel, a huge smile played across my lips, I hadn't seen Daniel looking so well since the confrontation with The Shield. We packed out things into the back of the car and each got into the car, I of course was sitting in the backseat whilst Daniel and Brie continued to converse over future plans.

After what seemed like forever, we finally reached the hotel. I flung the car door open and hopped out, retreating to the back of the car to grab my suitcase. However, before I could even come close to even opening the back, an uneasy feeling crossed me.  I jumped out of my skin as I felt a hand being placed on my shoulder.

"Are you okay Alix?" I quickly turned and saw Brie standing there, her eyes filled with worry. My unease began to soften as soon as I realised it was only herself and Daniel.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I guess everything that happened is just taking a toll on me." I shrugged it off as I proceeded to open the back of the car and quickly grab my suitcase.

Brie just stood there with one eyebrow raised in a somewhat concerned manner. She soon nodded her head and seemingly shrugged it off. I quickened my pace to enter the hotel where we were staying. I turned my head back to see Daniel and Brie still behind a little, Brie signaled me to go on up to the rooms. I carelessly stepped into the elevator and pressed the floor number that our rooms were on. I exited the elevator once I had reached the correct floor. I huffed as I dragged my suitcase along the seemingly never ending hallway until finally I came across the room that myself, Brie and Bryan would be staying in. 

Unlocking the door, I curiously stepped inside, my eyes growing wide as I entered the room. It looked quite luxurious. I had to admit, I'd never seen anything like this up until now after I walked out on my "parents". I threw my suitcase to the side and headed across to the other room that was separated by a door. I flung myself onto the bed, taking in a deep breath. Finally, I could get the rest I rightfully deserved. I heard the door the led into the first room open, I rolled over onto my side letting out a sigh. I lifted my head and saw Brie standing at the door, her arms crossed whilst leaning against the frame.

"You can't seriously be out of energy?" Brie scratched the side of her head, tutting as I grinned at her words.

"You try getting the hell kicked out of you by three guys. My back is killing me because of Rollins. I'm officially exhausted." I rolled my eyes, stretching my arms out in front of me as Brie giggled to herself.

"You really are different, I will say that." I raised my eyebrow, tilting my head to the side slightly.

"And what's the supposed to mean?" I slid off of the bed, straightening my posture up to look up at Brie.

"It's really unusual for them to go after a diva that's all. I mean they must have taken a liking to you." I scoffed at her words, shaking my head violently.

"Okay, first of all I'm a women's wrestler not a diva. Secondly, They're only doing that because of Triple H and Stephanie." I trailed off before Brie chimed in, shaking her head at my words also.

"Well, you do tend to aggravate all three of them including Randy, Alix. You can honestly be so careless at times, jumping into things and not thinking about the consequences." Brie sighed, her gaze redirecting to the floor, taking in a deep breath clearly awaiting my reply.

"It's not my fault they're creepy to some extent. For the record, Stephanie and Triple H just want to ruin my life because I walked out on them and refuse to have anything to do with them or call them my "parents". They say I belong in The Authority and i'm just not going to stand and accept the fact that they clearly enjoy beating the crap out of all of the people i'm close to Brie. It's disgusting and I may aggravate them, but they aggravate me a hell of a lot more." I took in a couple of deep breaths in order to contain my anger in front of Brie, I understood that she was only looking out for me but this is my problem, not hers.