Chapter 34 | TLC (1)

Previously..
"Just remember Punk, at the end of the day, you're helping out a good friend of yours greatly. I'd use this chance wisely." Stephanie spoke with a lower tone of voice before exiting catering with her husband. Myself,Punk and the rest of the superstars all stood there in awe as Punk clenched his fists tightly.

"I'll do this.. For Daniel."
------------------------------
Timeskip
Sunday December 15th
TLC pay per view.

I had arrived at the Toyota centre in Houston, Texas. I decided to show up in support of CM Punk's handicapped match against The Shield. It did come across as quite a shock for Stephanie and Triple H to decide on something like this as quickly as they did. Thankfully though if Punk were to win this match then Daniel would be free from all of the torment that The Authority has been putting him through for so long.

"Hey lix!" A voice called as my eyes darted in the direction of where it had came from. There stood none other than Punk himself, a cheesy smile appearing on his face even though it was rather evident time that he was feeling rather down.

"Hey.. Are you alright?" I asked expecting his response to be something along the lines of 'Yeah sure' or replying with the question of 'Why?' back.

"You really can tell can't you? In all honesty not exactly. I'm usually up on cloud nine about matches like this but I just can't bring myself to become happy about this." I raised an eyebrow at his words as he paused for a moment, taking in a deep breath before starting again.

"What if I fail Alix? What happens then? The rest of Daniel's career is technically on the line here in a sense that if I loose then your old Authority buddies will continue to torment him for possibly the rest of his career at this rate. If I loose then it's obvious I'm going to let all of you down." I placed a hand on Punk's shoulder, giving him nothing but a simple smile as he looked down toward me. I understood the feelings and nervousness Punk was going through right now. Honestly, if he were to loose, surely the entire locker room would be disappointed in him.

"Don't be silly. You'll do great, there's not a single doubt in my mind that you won't come out of this as the winner. Just go out there and give it your all like you always do, win or loose, we've all got your back." I smiled warmly toward him before wrapping my arms around his torso in a friendly hug.

"Besides, I will admit that The Authority can break everyone as a person but as a strong unit? Not a chance." Punk and I broke from the short hug that we had and his eyes diverted directly to mine. A small smile tugged at his lips as he nodded.

Punk then set off in the opposite direction as I wandered aimlessly to the assigned women's locker room for the night. However before I could even push open the locker room door I was stopped by backstage interviewer Renee Young.

'Alix, tonight your friend CM Punk is going into a three on one handicapped match against The Shield. How are you feeling knowing that the stipulation, if CM Punk were to win, would result in The Authority leaving Daniel Bryan alone for the rest of his career.'

'I have faith in Punk, i'm pretty sure the majority of the locker room has his back, even those who dislike him. It angered me to find out that The Authority had made the match a three on one without any good reason, but I have full belief that CM Punk will win.' I spoke with a hint of confidence, I had high hopes for this match, I knew Punk could pull through. I nodded toward Renee before pushing open the locker room door, heading inside. 

'ALIX! You're here?! I thought you hadn't been placed in a match for tonight?' Nikki chuckled from the opposite side of the room from where I stood.

'Wouldn't miss it. It's not a case of being put in a match that i'm here, but more so, i'm supporting a close friend'

'But aren't you a little upset you're not in a match for the Diva's title? I thought that had been your goal?' Nikki tilted her head, her curiosity clearly getting the better of her.