Chapter 32 | Failure

Previously..

'Ladies and gentlemen, here's your winner and still the Diva's champion. AJ Lee!' Lilian's voice rang through the arena as AJ's music began to play. The referee handed AJ her diva's championship as I sat up with my head in my hands. I had just lost my only opportunity. I knew I had let everyone down at this point as they were all counting on me. I was useless. On the inside I truly wanted to cry however I refused to even let a single tear fall from my eye. AJ left the ring, skipping back up the ramp and glaring at Dolph before heading backstage with the title over her shoulder. The arena began to fill with 'Alix' chants which clearly disturbed Dolph as he stood there in disgust at the WWE Universe.

-------------------------

'Behold the king.. the king of kings..' My head dropped lower as I heard The Authority's music play throughout the arena.I was slowly breaking down and that's just what they wanted. Ever since I turned my back on them to restore hope back in the locker room they wanted to witness me fall. I had fought my hardest yet still they managed to find a way to prevent me from reaching my goal. There wasn't much more I could do.

I lifted my head to see Dolph standing in the middle of the stage with Triple H and Stephanie standing either side of him. Randy and The Shield standing on the ramp in front of them. Their faces lit up with laughter at my defeat. However, Dolph seemed rather off the entire time. Triple H rested his hands on Dolph's shoulders, patting him on the back now and again. However, Dolph looked almost torn? Was he really doing this out of spite? Now that I saw him like this right in front of me, I began to mentally debate with myself. Suddenly Dolph had forced his way out of Triple H's victory hold and stormed off backstage. I continued to sit in the middle of the ring, my elbows over my knees with my hands resting in front of my feet that were right out in front of me. A crew member slid into the ring, handing my a microphone which I swung around in my left hand.

"Go on then Trips, why don't you start with your belittling talk toward me. I mean, I'm already ruined enough right?" I spoke into the microphone with little to no emotion at all as the atmosphere filled with laughter coming straight from The Authority members.

"You see Alix dear, I would but quite frankly I'm having so much fun witnessing your hard hitting defeat. You really thought you could prove us wrong and give the roster hope again? That's laughable." Triple H's voice spoke mockingly into the microphone that he had grasped within his left hand. The Authority continued their fit of laughter until Hunter silenced them all.

"All in all, whilst your defeat is quite amusing I do have one last offer for you Alix. I want you to come home. Come back and we can pretend as if this had never happened, this little war between me and you. Come back home and we can return to being one of the most powerful families within this company." My mouth dropped open as a look of disgust spread quickly across my face. Hunter's voice boomed around the arena and the crowd began to put the 'no' chants to use.

"I've told you once and I'll tell you again. I'd rather rot in hell for the rest of my life than 'come home' to your power hungry and controlling faction that you call a 'family'. Do you even know what that word even means anymore? Clearly not. Forget it, you'd have to literally drag me through hell." I spat at I turned my gaze toward the mat then eventually looking back up again, anger consuming my entire body. My hands had become fully shaken as I continued to stare at Hunter straight in the eye, of course returning the stare himself.

"You're being ridiculous. This is a business and you roaming around like a loose cannon unfortunately is not best for business. You had everything being within the protective hold of The Authority yet you threw it all away just to join forces with the rest of the locker room. After countless attempts to persuade you to come back to us, you continued to refuse." Stephanie spoke into her microphone, her tone twisted and harsh as her voice roared through out the arena.