Chapter 20 | Forgiveness

"I'm sorry.." I cried out, tears pouring out from my eyes uncontrollably. I dropped to my knees almost instantly as I watched Punk's facial expression soften through my tear filled eyes.

I felt stunned as Punk helped me up from my current state, pulling me into a friendly hug which was filled with emotion. My expression softened as I felt another hand on the back of my left shoulder. I knew it was Brie, I recognised almost instantly. Punk let go from the hug but before I could even consider saying anything, Brie had pulled me into a tight hug.

"I'm sorry" I mumbled into her shoulder, my words sounding somewhat unclear as sniffled from my tears.

"No, it's okay." Brie ran her hand down the back of my head whilst hugging me still. She saw the pain and emotion in my eyes and must of known by instinct to help me. I rested my head onto her shoulder as she embraced me in a friendly hug. Instantly regretting everything.

"I didn't mean what I said. I just.." I was about to finish before Brie abruptly cut me off with her head shaking to both sides.

"We all understood why you left. Don't worry, you're back now and that's all that matters." I looked up at a now smiling Brie who spoke softly with each word. I returned the smile as she dried the tears forming from my eyes.

"Why don't you go over there and talk to him. He's been stressed the whole time you were away, which in reality wasn't that long but still." Brie gestured toward Punk who was standing, arms crossed and staring out of the large windows located at the back of the rooms. How cliche of him to do so.

Myself and Brie released from our hug, Daniel patting my back in the process. I stumbled a couple times, quickly regaining my balance whilst walking over to Punk. I could tell he knew I was wandering over to him, he clearly wanted to over exaggerate it. Soon I ended up standing directly behind him, still he proceeded to look at the scenery that was outside. Knowing a simple tap on the shoulder wouldn't do me any good, I decided to grip onto his arm and try my best to get him to turn around. He eventually managed to turn around on his own, looking down at me with no emotion.

"I'd rather be hated for something I am rather than be loved for something I'm not right? That's what you said." I clutched my right arm with my left hand, looking down at the floor. I could tell by now Punk was listening, and very carefully at that.

"Well, I'd rather be the same." I looked up at Punk, drying the excess tears from my eyes but before I could even think of saying anything else, I was pulled into a hug.

"I'm proud of you kiddo." Punk mumbled reassuringly. I however still felt like it would be too late for forgiveness.

"I'm sorry Punk. Thank you." I couldn't control what was coming from my lips anymore. I told myself i'd never be able to apologise, yet I did.

"I'm sorry I can't be perfect. I'm sorry I can't make you proud." I mumbled into his shoulder, he patted my head gently, chuckling to himself once again which left me rather confused.

"What are you talking about Lix? I'm not angry, i'm proud. You're one of the strongest kids I know yet you still somehow manage to break down in front of a geezer like me. Besides, no one here is perfect, you're just being you and that's the greatest award anyone can ever receive." Punk chuckled as did I. His words made me smile, it made me feel like I wasn't alone anymore. Punk was like family to me, the older brother I never had. It made me forget about all of the problems with The Shield. It made me feel like myself again.

Punk then bent down in front of me, to my height to be exact. He held tightly onto my shoulders whilst looking me deep in the eyes.I will admit that this felt extremely awkward but at the same time it made me feel much better about myself. He began to smile which caused the corner of my lips to turn upward into a smile without myself being able to realise.

"You want to wrestle for the rest of your life right?" I didn't understand how to answer, I was torn between giving a simple 'yes' or 'no' answer or a fully detailed answer.

"Between you and me, we both know you do. Take out all anger,sadness or any concern on wrestling, use it for the sweetest victory. Besides, the Alix I know is one hell of a lunatic. Unleash that side of you out in the ring, you'll understand why i'm telling you to do this soon." Punk ruffled my hair but I didn't care. I was curious as to what he meant but I didn't bother asking.

Punk and I exchanged one last friendly hug before both himself and Dolph left the hotel room. I looked over to Brie and Daniel who were now linking arms, smiling at me as if they were proud parents. This right here was my real family. WWE was my family apart from a selective few but that's not the point. I took in Punk's words and repeated them in my head. I didn't have to live with the stress of The Authority, I didn't have to come running to their every call. Rebelling against them seemed like the main goal right now. A goal that would turn into a sweet victory.

I wandered through to my own room which was connected to Brie and Daniel's, and collapsed onto my bed. I began to stare up at the white covered ceiling, deep in thought about the events that were going to occur on Raw. It had suddenly hit me that myself and Dolph were in a handicapped match against The Shield. It didn't bother me nor did it affect my happiness. It made me think more confidently about myself, I was ready to do this. No doubt the rest of the authority would at least include some interference at one point.

I pulled my hair up, tying it back into a high ponytail, inhaling and exhaling heavy breaths as I did so. My eyes grew tired and heavy so I decided to close them for a moment. Without realisation I slowly drifted into a world of dreams and nightmares.

About half way through the time I had fallen asleep, I sensed two people entering the room. I felt the covers being shifted over the top of me - considering I had no doubt forgotten to pull them over myself. A smile soon painted on my face as I recognised it was Brie and Daniel from the not so subtle chuckling coming from the same direction of the two that had entered.

"Thank you." I took in a deep breath and finally let myself drift back into a deep sleep, with not one idea of how Brie and Daniel's reaction looked.

I had to go out there and give it my all on Monday, I had to make another statement. That statement being that I no longer was the good girl who stood and did nothing whilst everyone got hurt, I was once again going to prove The Authority wrong along with Dolph. Night of Champions was also coming up soon, I assured myself that I'd work for that title shot - the shot being at AJ's title. We were friends but this is a tough business, we may be close friends outside the ring but when standing facing across from an opponent , they instantly become your most hated enemy.