1956: chapter one

please comment through out

-

Friday April 22nd, 1956

The diner was brightly lit. Posters of Elvis Presley on the walls along with vinyls. The walls were a crisp white, red booths and silver edged tables. The bar was red and white. A juke box was playing Blue Suede Shoes by Carl Perkins (it would later be covered by Elvis Presley), and it was one of Luke's favourite songs.

Luke sat with Calum, Kaitlin, his girlfriend and Sarah, their friend. Luke sipped at his banana milkshake through his red and white striped straw, his pretty pink lips wrapped around the plastic.

Luke was in a daze, staring out at the window as he daydreamed. Calum was talking to them, his arm around his girlfriend, who was staring up at him fondly.

The diner was packed tonight, because it was a Friday and the football game had happened. Their school team, the red wolves, were going to be in the quarter finals after tonight's win.

Luke pouted as he spilt some of his banana milkshake on his blue jeans. His jeans were paired with a white and red shirt, the lower half red, the top an off white, more cream. Luke's hair was gelled back, to keep it out of the way of his eyes.

Luke's attention was caught again when he heard a car pull up outside and he looked out the window to see a black car and he bit his lip when he saw the people who got out.

The Greasers.

The boys were jumping around and acting crazy in their signature leather jackets. And Luke thought he'd look quite nice in the jacket but he'd instantly be labelled as a greaser and his dad would hate that.

Luke nibbled at his lip as his eyes caught a hold of Reece Grean.

Reece owned the black car and his friends pestered him for lifts, Luke had seen them after school as he got in to Calum's car.

Luke watched as the boys walked up the steps in to the diner and his eyes followed Reece. He seemed to be the most laid back out of the boys, but also the most level headed and the leader. When he could, he controlled his friends.

Luke saw Reece's friends Ashton and Michael standing close together as they stood at the bar, ordering things as Reece waiting beside them. There were five of them altogether.

Reece was leaning against the diner bar, looking out across the diner when his eyes caught Luke's.

And Luke couldn't look away.

The blond gulped subtly making Reece grin before he winked at Luke.

Luke instantly looked down at his banana milkshake and he blushed, before looking at Calum.

Luke noticed the Greasers sit down with their drinks but Reece got up again and headed towards the jukebox to change the song, and Luke wanted to tell him not to, he liked the song playing. He's pretty sure he's in love with Carl Perkins.

"Luke?" Luke looked down at Sarah who was all blond curls and big blue doe eyes. "You should clean yourself up, you spilt your milkshake."

Luke looked down at his jeans again and pouted, "Yeah, I'll be right back."

Sarah let Luke out of the booth and he headed towards the bathrooms. Luke pushed open the door and headed towards the sink after grabbing some tissue. He wet the tissue and dabbed at the milkshake stain and when it began to go, he smiled.

The door to the bathroom opened again and Luke looked up out of curiosity and his mouth fell open. He dropped the wet tissue and stood up.

Reece stood there, white shirt, black jeans, leather jacket, black boots and all. He stood still at the door before he came towards Luke.

He stopped right in front of him before bending down and picking up the tissue and putting it in the sink--someone else would clean it up.

Reece then looked Luke in the eyes, who was pressed against the wall. There were a few centimetres between them and Luke felt all hot inside, like he could pop at any second.

Reece smirked softly, watching the way Luke looked down at his feet. "I saw you staring."

Luke looked up at Reece again, their eyes linking, bright blue against dull brown. "I-I didn't mean to, please don't hurt me."

Reece breathed out a chuckle, reaching his hand up to Luke's cheek and over the light blush on Luke's pale cheeks. "I could never hurt you."

Then Reece's hand dropped and he took a step back, "Use hot water and soap on your stain, it should help better." He said before turning around and leaving the bathroom.

Luke let out a long breath when the door shut behind Reece and Luke slumped against the wall.

"Shit."

-

Aye Ruke is back

I saw the best photo of Reece ever and it makes me cry a lot (I'm kidding)

Please tell me if you liked this, also I have done a lot of research for this like music wise and clothing and cars etcetera.