1956 : chapter thirty-nine

60+comments because it's happeninggggg

-

Wednesday July 19th, 1957.

-

Luke due date had been and gone and everyone was waiting anxiously for Luke to go in to labour. They didn't want to rush anything because they didn't want to force the baby out before it was ready--it would come when it would come.

So when Luke woke up in the middle of the night, with a pain his in lower abdomen, everyone was shocked.

Luke had held back a shriek, before he struggled to sit up. He held his stomach, rubbing his palms across it before taking in deep breaths. "Fuck."

He leaned across the Reece and slapped his arm, "Reece!" He said loudly, to wake him. "wake up!"

Reece grumbled, rolling over and away from Luke.

Luke glared at his husband, "wake the fuck up! I'm having your baby right now." He said, slapping him again.

Reece grumbled again and opened his eyes, "what do you want?"

"I think it happened." Luke said, dipping his hand under the sheets and feeling it was damp. "Yeah my water broke."

"Shit." Reece said, getting out of bed. "Just stay here, don't move." He said rushing from the room.

Reece rushed through the door and down the hallway to the guests room to his mum (who was sharing with Luke's dad.). He opened the door and rushed to his mums side. "Mum, mum, wake up." He shook her. She instantly woke up, use to having to have gotten up at random times at night because of her job--and char had nightmares a lot.

"What's happening?" She asked, "you okay?"

"Luke's gone in to labour." He said. "You go to him while I get everyone up." He said before leaving the room. He went to the other guest room where char was sleeping and turned on the light, yelling for her to wake up.

Reece left the room when he threw the covers off of her before he went down the stairs to Michael and Ashton. He woke them quickly before going back upstairs to see Luke and Iris.

Iris set a sheet down on the bed, helping Luke sit and she turned to Reece. "Sit behind Luke, hold him and take care of him okay?"

Reece nodded, moving to the bed and sitting down behind Luke, legs ether side of him. He kissed Luke's head, grabbing the blonds hands. "It's gonna be okay." He assured Luke, feeling that sense of panic Luke had about the baby.

Luke squeezed his hands, waiting as his friends and family all piled in to the room. Andrew sat down on the edge of the bed, char standing beside him. Iris went through her bag of stuff, pulling out a clear bag of something and handing it to Char, "hook this up somewhere." She instructed.

Char hooked it up before Iris sat down beside Luke, who was panting and sniffling, Reece soothing him. "Okay I'm gonna put this in your arm Luke, then you'll start to go numb alright, but do not fall asleep, alright?"

Luke nodded. "Okay, just do it quickly."

Iris held Luke's arm, pushing the needle in to his skin and he flinched, looking away and meeting his dad's eyes. Luke sent him a teary smile, before he felt Reece kiss his cheek. He looked up at his husband, sniffling. "Ready?" Reece asked him, "our little baby is gonna be here soon."

"I'm ready." Luke smiled softly.

Luke flinched when he felt Iris grab his hand. He looked at her and smiled tightly, "just do it quickly please." He said, he wanted it to be quick and easy and problem free. "Just don't kill me while doing it."

She nodded, "I won't Luke, it's gonna be alright."

Michael stood at the door of the bedroom, his hand in Ashton's as he saw the was Reece ran his fingers across Luke's chest, soothing him and the way he kissed Luke's neck softly, to distract him. He hoped him and Ashton could be like that one day.

He turned to ashton, "I don't want to watch them cut in to Luke." He told ashton.

"Do you want to get some tea?" Ashton suggested.

Michael nodded and the two left the bedroom.

"Okay Luke, do you feel this?" Iris asked, lifting Luke's shirt and touching below his belly button.

Luke shook his head, "no."

"Okay then we can start."

Luke nodded and closed his eyes, holding Reece's hand tightly and close to his chest. "Just go for it."

Reece dug his face in to Luke's neck, kissing his sweaty skin. "I can't watch this." He said, feeling a little sick.

Iris sighed and she asked Luke to take his shirt off, Reece helping the blond take it off. Once it was off, Iris moved on to the bed with a scalpel in hand and Luke took in a deep breath. "Wait a minute." Luke said quickly, "um." He looked at Reece. "I-I love you."

Reece gulped and kissed Luke softly, "I love you too."

Luke turned back to his family, "now go."

As soon as Reece's mother cut in to his husband, he looked away, distracting himself by touching Luke's soft hands and kissing his delicate skin. "I love you so much." Reece whispered. "Just take deep breaths yeah?"

Luke nodded and took the deep breaths, kissing Reece's arm across his chest. Luke could feel Reece's tears on his neck, so he reached his free hand up to Reece's hair, running through it softly. "Please don't cry." Luke whispered. "I'm scared enough as it is."

Reece wiped his eyes, "okay sorry, love you."

After a few minutes, the two boys heard a cry of a baby and Luke gasped slightly at the sight of the baby.

Luke watched Char clean up the tiny baby as Iris got to work cleaning Luke up. "Can I see them?"

Char nodded and moved around the bed, moving and handing the tiny baby to Luke. "It's a boy."

Luke took the baby in his arms and cooed, Reece looking down at the small baby and smiling. "He's so beautiful," Reece said with a grin, kissing Luke's cheek.

Iris cleaned Luke up before she said, "you'll be very sore for a while, so stay in bed, let Reece do some of the work for a while," she said making Luke nod, still staring down at his baby. "What do you want to name him?"

Reece smiled, "we talked and we want to name him Troye."

Luke couldn't keep his eyes off his baby boy, running his hand across Troye head. "I love him already." Luke said, biting his lip. "He's so soft."

Reece smiled and kissed Luke's head, before he grabbed Troyes small soft hand, "I bet he's gonna have your hair and pretty blue eyes."

"I hope he has your eyes." Luke mumbled. "We're okay." He said. "We did it."

Reece grinned, "God I love you Luke."

"I love you Reece."

-

Babiesssss

we have 1 more chapter left and I'll do that tomorrow or Tuesday night ok