1956: chapter four

Luke looks fabulous as always

-

Friday May 3rd, 1956

It was Friday, around six o'clock and Luke was getting ready for his date. He had to leave at half past to make it to Sarah's house on time, he didn't have a car of his own.

Luke had had a long day, he was exhausted because he got no sleep last night, then he woke up early for school, spent the day avoiding Reece before he walked to the library after school to give in his job application. Calum was going to drive him but he ditched Luke for Kaitlin.

Luke heard his bedroom door open as he sorted out his hair in the mirror and he looked behind him, seeing his dad standing in the doorway, leaning against the door frame. "Hey dad." Luke smiled.

"Where are you off to?" He asked, seeing his sons shirt and nice jeans, and his shoes and coat were on his bed.

"I have a date." Luke shrugged.

His dad's heart swelled with pride, "Is she nice? Do you like her?" Andrew asked Luke.

"She's my friend, and she's nice. She's more Calum's girlfriends friend." Luke shrugged again. He didn't want to go on this date, he didn't like Sarah and he'd much rather sit at home and eat ice cream and do homework.

"Don't you like her?"

Luke just shrugged again.

He was confused.

"Well I'm going out tonight, there's a poker game and I'll be home late." Andrew told Luke, "Have fun, don't stay out too late and if you have to, there's condoms in the bathroom."

Luke scrunched his nose up, "Ew Dad. Just go to the poker game."

Andrew chuckled at his reaction, "Okay okay, I'm leaving."

When Luke knew his dad had left he messed up his hair, he hated having to slick it back, it felt weird. Luke sighed and went to his window seat, seeing Reece's leather jacket and picking it up. He sat and held the jacket in his lap, he pressed it against his nose smelling Reece's cologne and cigarettes. The combination made Luke smile and lay his head back on the wall, Reece was so intoxicating.

Luke's attention was then peeked when he heard rustling outside his window. He furrowed his brows in confusion and put down the jacket before opening the window.

Below, in the bushes, stood Reece. He had a pebble in his hand ready to throw and when he saw Luke he grinned.

"Why're you here?" Luke asked, he was mildly confused but he was happy to see the Greaser boy.

"I'm taking you out."

"I have a date."

Reece smirked, "Yeah with me, come on down."

Luke bit his lip and hesitated before he nodded, "Two minutes."

Luke closed his window and put on his shows and when glancing between his denim jacket and Reece's leather one, he sided with the latter. Luke groaned his wallet and his keys before he turned off the lights in the house. He went out the front door, seeing Reece standing there. Reece held his hand out to him and Luke shut the door before taking it.

Luke was dragged to Reece's car, the slightly older boy opened the door for Luke. The blond thanked him and got inside, the door shutting behind him.

Luke was shaking, he was nervous, and when Reece notices he put his hand on Luke's thigh, making the blond look down at his hand.

"I-I'm not queer."