1956: chapter twenty-six

70+ comments and 85+votes

If you have me on sc snap me so I can know who's from here, tell me ur @ and your name so I can add you back

When your friend goes to 5sos!! GUYS  my friend was at soundcheck and there was a poster that said Dab and she was under it so she dabbed and Luke saw and smiled at her, luKE SMILED AT HER I SHALL BE NEXT TO GET A SMILE FROM MY SUNSHINE

Also ty for 22k

-

Monday July 22nd, 1956

-

Luke and Calum sat in Calum's car at a red light, they'd just come home from graduation. Luke's dad had to work and couldn't get the time off so he couldn't attend, Calum decided to take him home before he went out to celebrate with his own family. Luke would have come too, if Calum's dad hadn't have heard that Luke was a queer, he was against it in every way.

Luke was quiet the entire ride home and Calum was getting sick of it. Luke hadn't been to school and suddenly he was showing up for graduation with no explanation. "Luke?"

The blond hummed, "yeah?"

"What happened?"

Luke pursed his lips, looking out the window.

Calum had seen the bruised wrist he had and the slight limp in his step along with the anxiety that came off of Luke when around people.

"Y-You remember Will from the fight?" Luke asked quietly and when seeing Calum nod he sighed, "on my birthday, he raped me."

Calum was quiet until they parked outside lukes house and he pulled his best friend in to a hug. "I'm so sorry, you should've told me I could've beaten his ass."

"I'm pretty sure Reece already did." Luke laughed softly. "Can I go in now? I'm tired."

Calum pulled away, "yeah, go nap. Your dad will be home tonight right?"

Luke nodded, "Reece should be over soon too," he smiled softly before getting out of the car with his diploma in hand. He walked towards the house and knew Calum was making sure he got inside the house safely.

As soon as Luke was inside, he called out to see if dad came home early and when getting no response he gulped and locked the front door, before going to lock the back door too. Once Luke was sure he was inside his house safe, he went upstairs, putting his diploma on his desk before kicking off his shoes and climbing under his covers.

He closed his eyes and hoped he'd sleep peacefully for once.

Luke woke up a few hours later when he heard a fumble and he rolled over to see his boyfriend fall to his bedroom floor, his window open. "Why didn't you use the front door?" Luke asked groggily.

"It was locked and you weren't answering." Reece said.

Luke checked the clock by his bed seeing it was nine o'clock. "Dads not home?" Reece shook his head as he took off his jacket and shoes before climbing in next to Luke. They both lay down, Reece's arms sliding around Luke's slim waist.

"Love you." Reece mumbled.

"Love you too."

They were silent before Reece spoke, "you looked cute at graduation."

Luke smiled softly to himself, "thank you."

Luke felt Reece's hand on his stomach, so he took his hand, entwining their fingers. "I want to take you out." Reece said softly and he felt Luke freeze up underneath him. "But i know I shouldn't."