1956: chapter thirty-five (+)

70+comments pls ty, this is nearly done!! 5 more chapters!!

okay Halsey or Melanie Martinez? I prefer Halsey because her songs sound more mature and meaningful? (My opinion don't hate me lmao) but I do like some of Melanie's songs

-

Thursday September 18th, 1956

-

Luke and Reece had been in Perth for just under a month now. Everything was going a okay and they had their perfect little house with their chickens and pigs and their horse, called Radish, and they'd even gotten a dog together, called Junior.

Luke and Reece were in college and they decided to get a job when the money had gone down more. They wanted to focus on their relationship and their school work and themselves before fitting a job in to the mix.

Reece was trying to cook more, so he could do it for Luke, so at that moment he was cooking pasta because he didn't know how to do much else and he was eighty six percent sure he had burnt the bottom of the pan already.

Reece heard the front door open, knowing it was Luke so he sat up on the counter and yelled, "Luke? I'm in the kitchen!"

He heard Luke pause his footsteps and he heard him take off his jacket before the footsteps started up again. When Luke peered in to the kitchen, Reece frowned.

"What happened, sugar?"

Luke hesitated and stepped fully in to the kitchen, showing his bruised face.

"Som--someone found out about us."

Reece sighed, turning off the hub before he went to Luke and hugged him tightly. "Talk to me, what happened?"

"I was talking to this girl and she mentioned you and I apparently lit up." Luke sighed and Reece chuckled softly. "Her boyfriend found me as they were leaving and he beat me up, I think my nose is broke."

Reece pulled away and held Luke's face, seeing the bend in Luke's nose. "I'm gonna have to move it back in to place. Then I'm gonna kill this guy."

"No it's fine, just fix it." Luke sighed.

Reece huffed, "we moved away because of all of this Luke, why do you think I got a place in the country? I don't want to see you hurt again."

Luke pouted and hugged his husband tightly, "I love you for taking care of me, I do, but if you beat him up, he'll get you arrested and when they find out why we were fighting, we'll both be taken in and most likely killed in prison and I don't want that. I don't want to die for being in love with you."

Reece frowned, running his hand through Luke's hair, the other rubbing up and down Luke's back. "Okay, I won't beat him up. Just run if he comes near you."

Luke nodded, "fix my nose?"

Reece sat Luke up on the counter, before Reece undid his belt. "Bite on it yeah?" Luke nodded, taking the belt and folding it up before he bit on it. Reece touched Luke's nose softly, making the blond flinch. "Just breathe bam bam."

Luke took in a deep breath, just as Reece gripped his nose and moved it back in to place making Luke scream and grip Reece's shirt tightly.

As soon as it was done, Reece grabbed Luke and held him close, hearing him sniffle, "it's okay, it's done."

Luke cried softly, "it hurts so bad."

"I've had worse, I dislocated my shoulder and had to be held down as Michael put it back." He said making Luke cringe. "That was when I beat up Jay too."