1956: chapter thirty-six

pls comment a lot 60+ comments pls thnx

Also I recommend you see captain America, it was beautiful

-

Saturday September 27th, 1956.

-

Everyone had come down from Sydney to Perth, Luke's dad, Reece's mum and sister, as well as Calum, Michael and Ashton.

They were sitting at the large dining table, eating when Andrew turned to Luke, "I haven't seen the ring yet." He said making Luke blush and put down his knife and fork before holding his left hand over to his dad.

Andrew took his hand, seeing the pretty diamond ring as well as the wedding ring. "Where did you get these?" Andrew asked Reece, who sat on the other side of Luke, who was at the head of the table.

"The engagement ring was my mums." Reece said, "the wedding rings are from a pawn shop back in Sydney." He blushed.

"They're very pretty," Andrew smiled. He turned to his son, "I'm so happy you're okay." He grinned.

Luke blushed, "excusing the black eye, I'm fine."

Andrew tutted, "I have every right to go find that stupid kid and give him an earful."

"So do I." Reece grumbled, "we've decided to just have Luke swap to another class so he can't cross paths with him, we don't want to start any problems here."

Andrew nodded, "that's probably the best idea."

After dinner, everyone was outside in the garden, the chickens were walking around freely, Michael and Ashton were laughing and scaring the animals. Luke had to tell them off for it, he loves his chickens. He'd even named them all, as well as the pigs, he'd named the horse Harry.

Luke was talking to his dad, Reece holding his hand beside him. "You've really got a life here already." Andrew said with a smile. "It seems so nice."

"It is nice." Reece said with a grin, "Luke's obsessed with the damn animals and schools going great."

"My animals are adorable." Luke pouted, squeezing Reece's hand. "Leave them be."

"One day I'm gonna turn one of those pigs in to bacon." Reece threatened making Luke gasp and slap his chest. "I'm kidding beauty."

Iris soon came over, kissing Andrew on the cheek. A grin stretched out across his face at the sight of the woman and it made Luke and Reece glance at each other with a smile.

"So you manned up?" Luke asked, smirking slightly.

Reece laughed softly, "mums been talking about him non stop."

Both their parents blushed, looking away.

Iris slapped Reece's arm, "shut up you, you were the same when you first saw Luke."

"It's sweet." Andrew said, holding Iris' waist.

After a while, Luke and Calum found the self alone at the back of the garden against the fence that separated the field and the back garden. "I'm okay here yknow." Luke said. "I missed you though."

Calum grinned, putting an arm around Luke. "I missed you too." He smiled. "I'm planning on proposing to Kaitlin."

"You might as well." Luke laughed, "you've been together since forever, and in married now so go for it."

"Yeah." Calum sighed, "and the fact she's pregnant too."

"Really?" Luke grinned. "That's great!" He hugged Calum. "Me and Reece are trying, at least I think, I mean he gave me the option to not use a condom."