1956: chapter twenty

pls comment and vote,

-

Monday July 1st, 1956

Luke woke up the next morning, remembering the night before's events and pouting to himself. Sure, hanging out with Reece in his car and eating food and making out was great, but he just didn't want to face his dad.

But he had to.

Luke got up, taking a quick shower and changing in to some clean clothes. He went downstairs to the kitchen to see his dad reading the paper while sitting at the table, a cup of coffee ready for him.

Without looking up from the paper Andrew said, "We need to talk, Luke."

Luke nodded slowly and got himself some breakfast before sitting down at the table opposite his dad with some cereal.

"How long have you been seeing Reece?"

"Three months?" Luke guessed. He didn't do dates, neither did Reece.

Andrew sighed at how long he'd be slightly oblivious before looking Luke in the eyes.

"I'm sorry Dad." Luke breathed out, "I always thought he was cute, and I knew it was wrong but I couldn't help it. I fell for him, Dad."

Andrew sighed, putting down his paper and sipping his coffee. "I'm not angry Luke, you're allowed to fall in love."

"I-I didn't know if you'd care if I was in love with a boy and not a girl." Luke said, slightly relieved his dad hadn't beaten him to a pulp or kicked him out.

"No, as long as you're happy." Andrew smiled, "now eat your breakfast, I'll give you a lift to school."

**

At school before the first bell, Luke walked around looking for Reece and when he saw him at his locker with Michael, he grinned and went over to him.

"Hello cutie." Luke mumbled, coming up behind Reece and kissing his cheek quickly, so no one saw.

"Hey." Reece said, turning round to Luke. He looked the blond up and down, seeing his grey shirt and black jeans and it was so not Luke but it looked so good. "Why're you so happy?"

"I need to talk to you." Luke smiled, biting his lip. He took Reece's wrist and dragged him away to the bathroom.

"I guess I'll just wait here then!" Michael yelled making Reece and Luke laugh.

Luke dragged Reece in to the toilets before pressing him against the sinks. Luke pressed his lips to Reece's, hands on his waist. "My dads okay about it." Luke whispered.

Reece's eyes opened from after the kiss making Luke giggle, "Really?"

"Mhm." Luke smiled, kissing Reece again, gripping the lapels of the leather jacket and pulling him backwards in to a stall.

Reece wrapped his arms around Luke's waist, "I'm so proud of you baby." Reece smiled, moving his head down a little and kissing Luke square on the lips. "We're one step closer to being okay with everyone."

Luke nodded and cupped Reece's cheeks before pushing their lips together. Their noses bumped as they kiss and they missed the first bell, disregarding their first class and instead spending it together, and kissing.

**

Reece and Luke walked up the drive way of Luke's house together, their hands entwined. Luke had his keys out, and he opened the door, pulling Reece inside. The door closed behind them and Luke called out his dad's name, getting nothing in return and grinning.