1956: chapter eight

kinda short, please keep commenting ily all ill try updating again if this gets lots of comment so pretty pls

-

Saturday May 12th, 1956

"So this is your new boy." Ashton assumes, smirking as Luke scrambled to get off of Reece's lap. Michael came to his side, wrapping his arm around Ashton's waist. "He's a pretty one, Reece."

"Shut the fuck up Ash." Reece sneered, grabbing Luke's hands, "Bam, stop."

Luke shook his head, "I should head home."

"Luke, no stay it's fine, my friends are gonna leave right now." Reece said, trying to soothe Luke's panicked state.

Luke checked his watched and saw it was half seven, his dad was home from work by now and he'd be worried to know where Luke was. "My dads home now, I really do need to go."

Reece sighed before nodding and stood up off the blanket, pulling Luke up. "I'll give you a ride home then." Reece smiled softly.

Reece's friends tagged along in the car, Ashton and Michael sitting in the back, with Matt, James, Oli sitting on the back, their feet by Ashton and Michael. Luke got shot gun as Reece drove.

Luke was nervous to see all of Reece's friends because even if Reece was nice, his friends might not be. He'd seen Ashton knock someone unconscious once, for simply not apologising when bumping in to Michael. "So when did you both start fucking?" James asked and Reece shook his head.

"We aren't, shut up." Reece said.

"Oh come on, he was on top of you when we saw you." Oli snorted, "How long!"

"We haven't!" Reece yelled, "Just fucking shut it before I drop your asses off here and you can walk home!"

The boys silenced before Michael spoke up, "Wait so why the Hemmings kid, he goes to church and now you're doing him? You really want to go to hell don't you."

Ashton then said something, "He's not even experienced! You might as well just go back to your ex!"

Luke's eyes widened and he touched Reece thigh, "Let me out here."

"What?"

"Stop the car!"

The cars breaks slammed and Luke scrambled to get out of the car. He slammed the door shut before going round to Reece, kissing his lips once, "Thank you for the date, Reece."

"Luke--"

"Bye Reece."

Reece watched as Luke walked off down the road towards his house, it was a ten minute walk but it was getting dark.

When Ashton slid in to Luke's old seat, Reece snapped, slapping the closest one on the back of the head. "Thanks a lot assholes. You probably scared him off now."

"He's just scared of being gay, and getting a dick shoved up his ass." Michael said, rolling his eyes.

"We were making out before you got here." The boys hollered as Reece did a u-turn to head back home. Sometimes he hated his friends but he'd never replace them.

-

Luke got home safely, opening the door with his keys and shut the heavy door behind him. He yawned before heading towards the stairs, but his dad stopped him. "Hey." Luke smiled.

"Where've you been?" He asked.

"Calum's, didn't realise the time." Luke shrugged.

"There's a greasers jacket in your room, care to explain?" Dad asked and Luke shrugged.

He could feel his heart pounding, "someone gave it me at the football game because I was cold." Well it wasn't exactly a lie; he just didn't say who.

"The R on that jacket better not belong to who I think it is." Dad said and stared Luke in the eyes, he knew when his son lied to his face. He rarely did but he would know when.

Luke's eye furrowed in confusion, "what?"

"The Grean's Greaser kid, Reece." Dad said, and he saw Luke's reaction and knew he was right. "Luke--"

"He's just a friend of mine, he let me borrow the jacket. Said I could keep it." Luke shrugged again, going up another step of the stairs.

"No, you give that jacket back on Monday and you don't talk to him, end of." Dad said sternly and harshly, he had to make sure Luke got the message, he'd refuse to let his son become like the Greasers.

Luke gulped and nodded, "Okay, I will."

His dad nodded, "Good, now head off to bed, we're busy tomorrow."

Luke went to his room, before showering and getting in to his pyjamas. He got in to bed, the leather jacket clutched in his hands. He didn't want to give up Reece but if his dad already knew they were hanging out, by a simple letter on a jacket, then he would know they were together pretty quick.

And Luke refused to be disowned for liking a boy.

-

:((((( poor Luke

are you liking this story so far??