1956: chapter twenty-four

Comments are dropping!! I'll do goals now and if they aren't hit, I will not update till they are. I want this book to get a good response so I know you're all liking it

So 65+ comments and 80+ votes

-

Wednesday July 17th, 1956

-

Luke and Reece sat side by side at the police station. Luke was shivering, a blanket around his shoulders. He was still covered in blood and he was scared and he was traumatised. Reece was sitting beside him, staring at his hands in his lap, he was covered in Luke's blood.

Reece looked up when he heard footsteps and he saw Luke's dad and he stood up, "I'm so sorry about what happened." He said hurriedly, "I-I"

"What happened?" Andrew ignored Reece and went to Luke, kneeling down in front of his son. "Luke?"

He grabbed Luke's face making him look at him and he saw Luke's sad eyes and red cheeks. "Who did it?"

"Will." Reece said, "Jays older brother."

Luke sobbed at the name, holding the blanket tighter around him.

"Why didn't you stop him?" Andrew asked, standing up. "I trusted you to look after Luke--"

"Dad no, they had a knife to Reece." Luke said, grabbing his dad's shirt sleeve. "He tried to stop it, I swear."

"He should've tried harder." He said making Reece clench his fist.

"I tried." Reece said softly, "I promise I did."

An officer approached them, "We can talk now." He said and gave Reece a look, "Little bro you're gonna have to wait out here." He said making Reece nod and sit. Josh patted his back before taking Luke and his dad to a small room.

Luke brought his legs to his chest, gritting his teeth at the pain in his thigh. Then Luke looked up at the cop, Reece's older brother Josh, and he smiled a little. "Can you tell me why they did this?" Josh asked.

"J-Jay beat me up, they all did but Jay was arrested for it and now he's away. Will blames me so he did this." Luke said.

"Why were you at the cliff?" Josh asked, writing down what Luke said.

"It was my birthday, so Reece took me to the cliff so we could be alone and relax, then they showed up." Luke said, wiping his nose with a bloody hand.

"What did Reece do when they showed up?" Josh asked, noticing Luke's hand, he'd ask him after.

"He told me to get in the car and I did and when one of the guys pulled out a knife and pointed it at Reece, I got out of the car and then he bent me over the bonnet." Luke said, wiping his eyes, smearing blood across his cheek. "Then he said--h-he said."

"What did he say?" Luke's dad asked.

"He said I'd enjoy it, then he uh took me to the backseat and he had a razor and he cut up my thighs with it and h-he--" Luke choked on a sob, "he raped me."

Andrew sighed and pulled him in to his arms and let him cry on his chest. "Can we get some bandages?" He asked the officer. "And some clothes."

The officer left the room, going towards Reece who sat waiting patiently. "You okay?"

Reece nodded, wiping his nose. "I could've helped." He said. "Is he okay?"

Josh nodded, "He said what happened, I'm going to get some first aid and clothes for him now." He explained. "I'll need to talk to you at some point."