1956: chapter six

please keep commenting it makes me update more

-

Wednesday May 8th, 1956

The diner was packed as Luke, Calum and Kaitlin sat by the window. Luke was once again sipping at his banana milkshake, a strawberry on the side of the glass. He let go of the straw and dipped the strawberry in to the banana milkshake before eating the strawberry.

"How did the date with Sarah go?" Calum asked, making Luke look up with wide eyes.

"Uh--"

How did he explain he was with Reece instead? That he'd kissed a boy and not Sarah?

"--it went fine." Luke shrugged.

Calum nodded, just as the bell to the door opened and the three of them turned around to see Sarah standing there. She walked to their table and stopped in front of Luke, "Can I talk to you Luke?"

Luke gulped and nodded. He stood up and followed Sarah out of the diner and to the alley way next to it where they could talk away from the group of boys outside the diner.

"What happened on Friday? You didn't show up." She asked.

Luke's mouth opened and closed and then his cheeks went bright red, he hated being so pale.

"So it's true then." She scoffed, "You're a fag--"

"No, I'm not." Luke shook his head. "I promise I'm not. I don't like boys."

Sarah stared at Luke, looking down at his clothing and she really liked Luke. He was tall and handsome and yeah, maybe a little dorky and lanky and not at all strong, but she liked him. "Kiss me then. Prove it."

Luke licked his lips and moved forward, ducking down and pressing his lips to hers. He was aiming for something chaste and soft but he felt Sarah's arms wrap around his neck and they continued kissing, albeit Luke was more hesitant and less confident with his movements.

Luke's first to pull away and he scrunched up his nose. "I'm not queer, but I don't like you, not like that."

Sarah sighed but nodding, kissing Luke's nose before pulling away. "Okay."

Luke's ears perked up at the sound of a familiar car, and Sarah and him left the alley to see Reece and his friends parking up the car. Luke purposefully slowed down his walking to the booth he was in by the window, so when he felt someone touch his back, he was happy to see Reece. "Hey beautiful."

"Hey." Luke said quietly back.

"I'll ask the waitress to get you a milkshake yeah, on me." Reece said with a smile and Luke thanked him quietly.

The two separated and Luke went to his booth, sliding back in beside Sarah who was now drinking Luke's old banana milkshake. Once Luke was comfortable again, Sarah sat right next to him, making him put his arm around her shoulders and Luke sighed quietly, looking away from her. Luke knows she saw Reece, who sat across the diner.

The four sat and talked, Luke staying quiet before the waitress came over, "Milkshake for Luke?" She asked and Luke took it.

"Thank you."

"No problem honey." She grinned before leaving and Calum gave Luke a look.

"Another milkshake?" Calum snorted, "You're gonna turn in to one if you don't slow down--who even got it you? I never saw you ask for another."

Luke shrugged, "I don't care, I got another milkshake."

Luke sighed and looked across the diner to Reece who was staring at him already, with a frown and he nodded his head towards Sarah and Luke raised his eyebrows back at him.

Reece mouthed, "bathroom" before he got up, walking towards it.

"Gonna take a leak, be right back." Luke said standing up, "Don't drink my milkshake." He told his friends, before leaving.

Luke entered the bathroom and he giggled as he was pinned to the door and peppered in kisses across his neck. "Reece." Luke smiled, moving his wrists from Reece's grip and instead grabbing his scruff filled cheeks and kissing him on the lips. He kissed him again but deeper, "hm." Luke hummed softly in to the kiss.

Reece let out a small moan, "I don't want her grubby hands all over you. I already told her you didn't want to go on that date with her." He grumbled making Luke kiss him again.

"She thought I was a fag, I had to get her off my back." Luke said, one hand running through Reece's hair.

"Don't call yourself that, you can't help who you're attracted to Luke. There shouldn't be anything wrong with that beautiful." Reece said, his hands on Luke's waist, slipping lower to his bum.

"I can never tell me dad." Luke sighed, "My mum would probably be so disappointed in me too."

"Hey, no." Reece frowned, kissing Luke again softly. He wanted to take Luke home and show him it's okay to like boys. And fuck the crap out of him. "Your mum should be proud you're being yourself and you're happy." He said, slipping his hands in to Luke's back pockets. "And if your old man has a problem with it, you can stay with me at my place."

Luke nodded, letting Reece kiss him again, and again, and again.

"God you're so beautiful." Reece mumbled against Luke's neck, kissing down to his collarbones. His hand gripped the cross around Luke's neck and tugged him down to kiss Luke again. "I wanna take you out soon, on a proper date."

"Okay." Luke breathed out, almost breathlessly. He was so out of breath because of Reece's kisses. They were so intoxicating.

"I could sneak you out of your window tonight?" Reece teased, looking at Luke with a small smirk.

"I can't, I've got way too much homework." Luke said, "Sorry Reece." He kissed his lips again.

Reece nodded, kissing Luke's forehead, "Another night then, beauty."

-

They're going to be very kissy and secretive and cute ok

In an ideal world I would date Reece and Luke and life would be great and everyone would ship us bye