1956 : chapter forty

please comment, it's the last chapter and also comment at the end what you want next

-

Wednesday July 26th, 1957.

-

Luke lay on the bed, Troye laying next to him staring up at the ceiling with wide eyes as Luke rubbed his tummy softly. Reece looked down at Luke, reaching his hand forward and brushing Luke's fringe backwards. "You alright sweets?"

Luke looked up from his son, nodding with a small smile. "I'm good." He leaned up and kissed Reece softly on the lips. "A little tired though." He admitted--Troye was a loud baby.

"Go sleep, I'll put Troye to bed." Reece said, getting out of bed before he picked up Troye, holding him in front of his face. "You are definitely gonna look like your dad." Reece smiled before leaving the bedroom.

He went towards the nursery, the blue walls and white crib had been done a month ago. Luke had sat outside the room to over look the job as Reece wouldn't let him inside because of the paint fumes.

Reece out Troye down in the crib and pulling the little blanket over his legs and just under his arms. "Sleep tight baby boy." Reece smiled, leaning down and kissing his soft head. "I love you." He cooed, running his hand over Troyes head.

He smiled before leaving the bedroom, heading back towards Luke and seeing his blond husband fast asleep on top of the covers.

Reece chuckled before he took off his jeans and shirt, going to take off Luke's jeans so he was more comfortable. He put Luke under the covers before climbing in himself and pulling the blond in to his chest. "Love you Lukey."

Luke grumbled in response, already deep in sleep.

The next morning Reece woke up alone, he lay in the bed for a moment, the bright morning sun streaming through the window, he could hear the birds chirping and those damn chickens clucking and the pigs oinking and he heard Luke laugh and he smiled.

He ran his hand across the empty side of the bed, the bed still warm from Luke's presence. Reece yawned before he sat up, getting out of bed and pulling on a shirt--which smelt bad, he'd have to do the washing soon if Luke didn't.

Reece headed downstairs, hearing the radio playing music and hearing Luke singing and giggling.

He poked his head in to the kitchen, the doors to the garden opened wide and he could hear the animals. "Hey." He said, gaining Luke's attention.

Luke whirled around with a spatula in hand, "hi." He giggled, moving across the kitchen and kissing Reece sweetly. "Good morning Mr Grean."

"Good morning to you too Mr Grean." Reece smiled, "why're you so happy?"

Luke shrugged, "I've barely left the bed in a week because of Troye and I was feeling better, so i made pancakes." He giggled.

Reece nodded, "are they nearly done?"

"Almost." Luke said before heading back to the stove. Reece walked over to the high chair, Troye sitting and playing with a rattle. Junior sat on the floor in front of the high chair, he seemed very protective over the little baby.

Reece ran his hand across Troyes head, leaning down and kissing his head. "Hello beautiful," Reece smiled, Troye mimicking the smile and rattling the toy. "You love that thing don't you?" Reece grinned, touching the rattle making Troye rattle it again.

"He's obsessed with anything that rattles." Luke said, putting pancakes on plates. "You like strawberries right??--I should know after being with you for over a year."