1956: chapter twenty-three

This chapter may be triggering so if you would like to skip over the certain part I'll put a '!¡!' Before it and after it

But please comment!! Tell me your FAV character too!

-

Tuesday July 16th, 1956

-

Luke was eighteen today and he was happy to finally be legal, he was hoping he could ask Reece to teach him how to drive soon. He knew the basics but he didn't know some things.

The blond was at his lunch table with Calum, Sarah and Kaitlin. All of them knew about Reece and Luke now, and they weren't judging. Sarah had been awkward about it because she had liked Luke a lot and Kaitlin only accepted it because Calum was her boyfriend and he was Luke's best friend.

"We're going the diner after school." Sarah said, "are you coming Luke?"

"Yeah, but I gotta head home first, my dad wants to see me." Luke said, he hadn't seen his dad this morning so he had Reece pick him up and take him to school.

Luke felt hands cover his eyes and he gasped as he gripped the hands. "Hi princess." Luke moved the hands and turning around to Reece. "Happy birthday, I forgot to give you your present." He held out his hand to help Luke up before he dragged him out of the canteen.

Reece pulled Luke to his locker before taking out a black bag. "Let's go somewhere private Bambi." Reece smiled, taking him towards the toilets which were close to them. Reece closed the door behind them before turning to Luke and handing him the bag. "I hope you like it princess."

Luke moved to sit on the sinks and opened the bag, he smiled when seeing the Polaroid camera. He pulled it from the bag before putting the bag down, "I love it," he grinned, letting Reece stand between his legs. "Mum use to have one, it got destroyed in the car the night she died." He said softly making Reece rub his thigh.

"Do you like it then?" Reece asked and Luke grinned, putting down the camera before hugging Reece tightly.

"I love it, thank you." He kissed Reece softly. "I'm gonna take the prettiest photos."

"You'll be taking a lot of yourself then." Reece smirked making Luke giggle and slide off the sinks and instead kiss Reece again. "I love you." Reece whispered.

"I love you too."

They pulled away and Luke picked up the camera just as the door to the bathroom opened. In walked some jocks in their varsity jackets, laughing but they soon stopped when seeing Reece and Luke. "Oh look it's the queers." One said.

Reece rolled his eyes, "cmon Luke." He held out his hand to the blond.

But one of the guys got to Luke first, shoving him over and Luke cringed at the sound of a crack from his camera.

"You really shouldn't have done that." Reece sighed.

Luke looked up in time to see Reece send a punch to the guy who pushed Luke over. He stumbled back and Reece quickly helped Luke up, "get going gorgeous."

Luke stumbled from the bathroom and walked quickly to the canteen again. He sat down and frowned, he didn't want to leave Reece alone with three huge guys from the football team but he told him to go.

"What's wrong?" Calum asked, seeing Luke's upset expression.

Luke put the camera on the table and Calum picked it up with a frown, "where'd you get this from?" He asked.