1956: chapter twenty-nine (+)

Goal: 70+comments 90+ votes

vv fluffy I'm in love with this chapter and guys, nothing bad will happen its ok I'm not that mean

-

Thursday August 14th, 1956

-

Ashton, Michael, Matty, James, Oli, Ben, Q, Calum and Reece sat at the table in the back garden of Reece's house. They had beers and cigarettes as they played their poker game. The girlfriends were inside, making food as Luke sat against the free in the garden, a book in his hands.

Music was playing from Reece's record player, making the place lively.

"Go over the plan again." Ashton said, sipping his beer.

Reece sighed, "Win the fight, take the money for myself, and run with Luke." He said, "in its simple version at least."

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Michael asked.

"I already told Luke's dad my plan." Reece said, "He told me to do it, go get Luke out of town, he's too innocent for all of this, he doesn't deserve it." Reece said, frowning at his cards, he was fucked.

"He's not that innocent Reece." Calum said.

Reece gave him a look, "Luke baby!" He called to the blond, who looked up with wide blue eyes. "Can you get us some more beers sugar?"

Luke nodded, folding his page in the book and standing up. He went in to the house and came back with a few beers, putting them on the table before kissing Reece's cheek. Reece wrapped an arm around Luke's waist, "good boy." He praised, letting Luke kiss his lips softly.

Luke smiled and went back to the tree and sat down, opening his book again like nothing happened.

Reece looked at his friends, "see? I'm doing this for Luke. His dad is going to help and so is my family."

"Can I still see him?" Calum asked. "He's still my best friend."

"As soon as we're settled you can come see him." Reece said and Calum nodded before putting down his cards.

"I don't know how to play this game." He said and stood up, heading over to Luke and talking to him quietly.

"You'll have to cover your tracks." Q said, "You'll have to hide from Roger and you'll have to get a job too."

Reece nodded, "I will, Luke can go to college and I'll work and do school too. I'm doing all this for Luke." He said and his friends saw how much he loved Luke and how much he meant to Reece and how much Reece would protect the blond from the world.

"Are you ready for that?" Matty asked.

"Yeah, when I've got the money and Luke, we'll be fine." He smiled. "I want to be able to look after Luke, for our entire life together, I want him to be happy and this new start could be it."

He looked around his friends, "just help me, that's all I ask."

Michael sighed, "okay fine."

-

That night, Luke walked out of the diner, just finishing the night shift and seeing Reece's car. He climbed in, leaning over and kissing his boyfriends cheek, "so what's your plan?" Luke asked.

Reece turned to him, "what?"

"I'm not deaf and I'm not stupid, I heard you all today." Luke said, rolling his eyes as he put on his seatbelt.