1956: chapter thirty-three

60+ comments and 80+votes

Beautiful boy

I still wanna do drag queen!luke because damn it'd be beautiful, he'd be such a gorgeous queen, but what kind?? Like pageant? Comedy? Ovs he'd do singing because he can. Also tell me your fave drag queen, I love Violet as well as Jinkx (too much RuPauls omfg)

also it would just be a one shot, so ruke??

-

Monday August 26th, 1956

-

The morning of their departure, Luke was slightly sad to be leaving the town he'd grown up in, the town where he fell in love with a boy. But he was ready to leave, and ready to start a new life with Reece.

Luke zipped up his suitcase, sitting on it to keep it closed, before sighing in relief. He stood up and picked up the suitcase. "Want me to carry it?" Reece questioned, coming out of the bathroom, the shared toiletry bag in his hand.

"I got it." Luke smiled, holding the handle of the bag. "Ready?"

Reece nodded, slipping the toiletry bag in his duffel before grabbing the hotel key. "Cmon baby."

Luke followed Reece out of the hotel room, the door shutting and locking behind them. They handed in their key before putting their luggage in the back of the car.

Luke stayed in the passenger seat as Reece changed the number plate on the car. They didn't want to get recognised at all.

The two made their way to the cemetery once done. Luke got out of the car first, seeing his dad waiting near his mothers grave so the blond ran towards Andrew and hugged him tightly.

"I'm gonna miss you so much." Luke sighed, frowning slightly.

"I'll miss you too Luke, but you've gotta go live your life." Andrew sighed, rubbing Luke's back.

Luke pulled away, "Can't you just come with us? I don't want to leave you here."

Andrew smiled, "I'll be fine, besides you and Reece are gonna be busy with your new life."

Luke gulped back tears and nodded, feeling Reece's fingers entwine with his. "It's okay." Reece assured Luke.

Luke nodded, "come see my mum." He smiled softly, before leading Reece up the steps to where his mothers grave stood.

The flowers were wilted so Reece handed Luke the flowers they'd gotten on the way there. Luke took them and put them down in the pot, removing the dead ones. "Dad you've gotta clean this up more often." Luke said. "I know it didn't end well, but can you please look after it?"

Andrew nodded, "of course."

Luke sighed and sat down, "mum would've liked you." Luke said to Reece. "She would've liked how you protected me daily."

"You were a mummy's boy weren't you?" Reece teased making Luke smile. The blond leaned toward the headstone and kissed it, mumbling I love you to his mum before standing up and letting Reece take his hand.

Luke gave his dad another goodbye hug before they parted ways.

Reece had one more stop before they left. They drove to David's home, where he had the money. Reece made Luke stay in the car while he got the money.

"Hey." David smiled, answering the door. "Come in." He waved Reece in.

Reece stepped inside, closing the door behind him. They walked through the house to the basement. David picked up a duffel, turning and handing it to Reece. "That'll be enough to last you and your boy a good decade or so."