1956: chapter three

please keep commenting ily

I love Japan haired Luke

-

Friday April 29th, 1956

Luke stood on the bleachers, beside Calum as they watched the football game. It was cold outside but Luke had to face the wrath of the cold all because Calum's girlfriend was a cheerleader, along with Sarah.

"Hey Cal I'm gonna go the toilet." He yelled over the noise and Calum nodded.

Luke shuffled down the bleachers and towards the toilets at the changing rooms. He was hoping to unfreeze his hands with some hot water. He got in to the bathroom and peed quickly before turning on the taps and sighing at the hot waters temperature.

The bathroom door opened and Luke glanced up to see Reece and he blushed instantly, moving to dry his hands. Luke put the tissue in the bin and turned around to leave but Reece was blocking the door.

"It's Luke, right?" Reece asked and Luke nodded softly. "Can I ask you a question?"

Luke hummed, "Sure."

"Why have you been staring at me?" Reece asked, his confidence not wavering as he looked Luke in the eye. He gestured for Luke to come closer and he did, a few inches from one another. Luke prayed no one came in.

Luke was bright red again, his cheeks too hot for him to handle. He couldn't tell Reece, a boy, that he was staring because he thought he was pretty. Boys weren't pretty. "Um I uh like your jacket?"

Luke wanted to punch himself.

Reece smiled, chuckling a little before he shouldered off his jacket and took it off. He held it out to Luke and when the boy didn't take it, Reece slid it on his shoulders for him.

"Wait, I can't take this." Luke said but Reece held up his hand and Luke shut up.

"It's my favourite one but I have others, I'll be fine." Reece smiled before he leaned forward and pressed his lips to Luke's cheek, before pulling away again. "Have fun with the rest of the game, sugar."

Then Reece left the bathroom, leaving Luke confused.

Luke raised his hand to his cheek, over the area he had just kissed, and fuck, Reece just fucking kissed his cheek.

Luke left the bathroom after putting the leather jacket on properly through the sleeves. He sat beside Calum, not paying attention to the game but he saw Calum staring down at him.

Calum furrowed his brows as to why Luke was wearing someone's jacket, let alone a greasers. Then he saw the R sewn in to the bottom of it, "Why do you have Reece Grean's jacket?"

"He gave it me in the bathroom." Luke shrugged.

"Why?"

"I was cold as fuck Calum." Luke shrugged it off, he didn't want to question why he was given it either. Reece must be freezing where ever he went off to.

After the game had finished Luke and Calum made their way to the bottom of the bleachers, to wait for Kaitlin and Sarah. When the two girls came over Sarah stood beside Luke while Calum and his girlfriend kissed, or well they made out.

Luke was staring at his shoes, trying to ignore Sarah's stares at him before she leaned up and kissed his cheek. Luke snapped his head towards her and blushed a deep red, not because he was flustered, but in surprise. Pretty girls never kissed him.

"Are you doing anything next Friday?" Sarah asked Luke.

"N-No, why?"

"Pick me at seven from my house. It's a date."

-

When you awkwardly get pulled in to a date but your gay