1956: chapter thirty-four

80+comments because this is a great ass chapter tbh and I love it, fave chapter by far

their house on the side !!

-

Wednesday August 28th, 1956

-

In the car on the way to meet Gerard, the man who would be marrying the two boys, Luke couldn't stop smiling.

Luke's heart was hammering in his chest, his mouth was dry and he could feel his hands sweating. Luke was getting married and he couldn't have been as happy as he is now, he can't think of any other moment that would live up to this.

Reece glanced at Luke as he drove, seeing the pretty blond boy wipe his eyes. "Happy tears right?"

Luke nodded, "more like shit-I'm-marrying-the-love-of-my-life tears."

Reece chuckled, "there's rings in the glove compartment." He said.

Luke leaned forward and opened the compartment, seeing a blue velvet box. He opened them and smiled at the gold rings. "They're beautiful."

"Mike and Ash helped me find them a few weeks ago."

Luke smiled, running his fingertips across the surface of the rings. "They have good taste."

"They do." Reece agreed. "After, were meeting a woman about a house, my mum found the cutest little house in the country, not far from the city and I think you'll love it."

"You found a house already?" Luke questioned, "that was fast."

"Luke I've been planning this since Will happened." Reece told him. "I wanted to get you out as soon as possible."

Luke smiled, but he started sweating when the car stopped outside of a small, old, office building. "Shit." Luke mumbled, running his hands through his hair.

"You ready?" Reece asked, taking the ring box and holding Luke's hand. "Sugar?"

Luke looked at Reece, his eyes flickered across his fiancés face. Reece was beautiful and Luke couldn't believe they were about to get married.

Luke leaned forward, cupping Reece's cheeks as he kissed him softly on the lips, "I'm ready."

Reece grinned, "let's get going them bam bam."

Luke was giddy as he got out of the car. The two met at the front of the car before they headed towards the door to the building. Reece knocked, before they waited.

The door opened, revealing a man in a dark blue suit, and a moustache on his top lip. "I'm Gerard Taylor. You two must be Reece and Luke." He said, holding his hand out to Reece.

He shook it, "that's us."

"Do you have the money?" Gerard asked.

"You'll get it after the married is sealed." Reece told him.

"Fair enough," Gerard chuckled before inviting them in.

The two teenagers weren't smartly dressed, in fact, Luke wore the white and red shirt he wore the day Reece had cornered him in the bathroom. Reece wore a clean and crisp white shirt, his leather jacket, black jeans and boots.

They were led to a room where a few people stood. "You need a witness for the wedding, so these are my two daughters and wife." Gerard said, gesturing to the three girls in dresses.