1956 : epilogue part two

look at the date, then look at the first chapters date, also please comment a lot it's officially over

I posted part one and part two together, so read both!

-

Friday April 22nd, 2016.

-

Luke sat in a room with his grand daughter sorting out his tie. "You look handsome granddad." Mia smiled, flattening out his lapels of his blazer. "Grandpa will think you look beautiful."

Luke smiled, letting Mia pull him up to his feet. "He always says it, he's obsessed with me."

Mia laughed softly, kissing Luke's cheek softly. "Let's get you married yeah, legally this time."

Luke chuckled and the two left the room, Luke's daughter, Julia, standing outside with her phone to her ear. "Yes he just came out of the room." She said, smiling at Luke and holding her hand out to him.

Luke took her hand, his other holding Mia's. "We'll be five minutes, tell dad not to worry." She said, before hanging up.

"Was that Troye?" Luke asked.

"It was, everyone thought you had cold feet which is ridiculous."

"I already married Reece, I can do it a second time." Luke chuckled.

They walked down the corridors to the main part of the building.

Luke was finally, legally, marrying Reece at the ripe old age of seventy-eight. Their son, Troye, was sixty, their daughter, Julia being fifty-seven. The had grand children and great grand children, and friends and extended family. Luke was just slightly sad his mum and dad would never witness Luke marrying Reece legally.

Luke was now outside the door of the reception, Reece was the other side of the door waiting for Luke with their family. Luke had his girls with him, "ready?" Julia asked Luke, hiking her arm with his, her other hand touching his arm.

"Ready." Luke smiled.

Mia smiled, before she sent a text and then the music began to play inside and the doors opened. Mia started her walk down, being Luke's bridesmaid. Mia had her ten year old daughter holding her hand as they walked down the aisle.

Then Luke was walking down with Julia.

Luke looked up and saw Reece and it was like seeing him all those years ago when their eyes met across the diner.

A grin stretched out across Reece's face and he couldn't believe he was finally and properly marrying Luke.

Luke got to Reece's side and kissed Julia's cheek before turning and taking Reece's hands. "Hi."

"Hello gorgeous." Reece replied, rubbing his thumbs against the back of Luke's wrinkly hands. "Alright?"

Luke nodded, "perfect,"

"We are gathered here today, to finally and legally marry Reece and Luke Grean."

**

Luke and Reece sat side by side, their hands entwined and Luke looking at Reece fondly as he talked. "You're staring." Reece said with a roll of his eyes.

"We're married."

"We've been married for sixty years." Reece snorted, before he lifted his hand to Luke's cheek and leaning forward and kissing him softly. "I love you."