1956: chapter nine

I thank kris for this edit also, ily also ty Cole because you like this so far and also stacie and Rita also noctivagant for the comments

-

Monday May 14th, 1956

Luke washed his hands after peeing, sighing to himself. He had to find Reece today and give back his jacket. He used soap before rinsing his hands, grabbing some paper towels to wipe his hands dry.

Luke hadn't slept much last night, because he was so nervous. He didn't want to end what he and Reece had, he loved it, he loved the feeling he got when Reece kissed him, or when he called him one of the many pet names he had, Luke's favourite so far were sugar, or bam bam. They made him happy.

Luke picked his bag up just as the bathroom door opened and in entered Reece, Michael and James. Reece grinned when he saw Luke, moving towards him to kiss him.

Luke turned his head, Reece's lips catching his cheek. Reece pulled away confused, "What's wrong, bam?"

"Can we talk?" Luke asked softly.

Reece kicked his friends out of the bathroom before going to Luke again, pulling the blond in his arms.

Luke shook his head, "Reece, no."

Reece furrowed his brows, feeling Luke push him away. He dropped his arms from Luke, "What happened doll face?"

"My dad saw your jacket, and he knows it's yours because of the stitching. He told me to stay away from you. We can't be together and we can't be friends either." Luke said softly, putting his bag on the counter by the sinks before taking out the leather jacket.

"Baby..." Reece breathed, watching Luke as he turned to him with the jacket in hand. Luke took Reece's hand, putting the collar of the leather jacket in his hand and curling his fingers.

Luke saw the frown on Reece's face, so he moved closer and kissed Reece's cheek. "Thank you." Luke whispered. "You made me so happy for the amount of time we were together."

Luke turned and grabbed his bag, heading to the door of the toilets but Reece said his name, "You're gonna leave me with a kiss on the cheek?"

Luke smiled and moved forward quickly, pressing his lips to Reece's and wrapping his arms around his neck. Reece held Luke's waist tightly, jacket still in hand. They kissed for a few dozen seconds before Luke pulled back, looking down at his feet.

"Uh, I'm sorry, I've gotta go, I'll be late for meeting Cal." Luke said, dropping his arms and leaving quickly.

Reece sighed, "I'll get you back eventually." Reece said to himself.

Luke sat down at the lunch table with Calum, Kaitlin and Sarah. Luke sat beside Sarah, taking out his lunch before he put an arm around Sarah's waist, dipping down and kissing her cheek. He had go forget Reece, they were over before they could even begin. He hated himself for it.

Luke glanced to the doors seeing Reece, James and Ashton walking in and Reece's eyes caught Luke's making him look away quickly. How was he going to survive senior year with Reece fucking everywhere?

"Luke?" Luke looked up to Calum and raised his eyebrows. "Are you listening?"

"Yeah, sorry." Luke smiled, "What were you saying?"

"I was asking if you were going to the dance in two weeks?" Calum asked and all Luke could think of was going to that dance with Reece.

"Uh I'm not sure." Luke shrugged.

"Oh we could go together!" Sarah exclaimed and Luke smiled softly, but falsely. "Wouldn't that be fun Luke?"

Luke nodded, "Sure." He lied.

She kissed his cheek and giggled cutely.

Out of the corner of Luke's eye, he saw Reece looking over at them. So Luke put his lunch away, "Uh I have to go study for a maths test last lesson." He stood up, slinging his bag over his shoulder.

Sarah smiled, "I could help--"

"No it's fine, you stay and eat your lunch."

In short, Luke cried for three hours in the corner of the library.

Someone eventually found him, sitting on the floor as he read a book quietly, dried tear tracks on his cheeks. "Honey, school finished an hour ago." The librarian told Luke, "You better head home."

Luke apologised and put the book away before grabbing his bag and coat before leaving. Luke walked down the side of the school, going past the car park, the only car left was Reece's making Luke duck his head down and continue walking.

"Luke!"

Luke turned at the sound of his name and when he saw who said it, he stopped walking and looked down, letting Reece catch up with him. "Why are you still here? You weren't in maths."

"I was in the library all afternoon." Luke mumbled. "Why're you still here?" He asked Reece, not looking up from his shoes.

"Detention, I didn't do my homework." Reece shrugged, "Do you need a lift home?"

Luke was about to say no and walk home but instead nodded. "Um yes please."

Reece's hand went to Luke's chin, making him look up. "Have you been crying bam?"

"No." Luke shook his head, "Just a little upset I have to go to the dance in two weeks, Sarah is my date. I don't really want to go."

They headed to Reece's car in silence and Reece opened the door for Luke, closing it after him. Reece got in the drivers seat and left the school car park. "Y'know I'm not going to the dance, not really my scene. We could hand out instead if you like?"

Luke gave Reece a look, to remind him of what happened in the bathroom. They were over, but Reece refused to believe Luke was giving up so quickly.

"Luke, as friends and only friends, if that's what you want."

"I don't want it, but I have to deal with it."

"So you wanna hang out with me instead?" Reece asked and once luke nodded, he grinned. "Good, we'll have fun."

Reece drove Luke home, parking a little down the road just in case. Luke opened the door, about to head out before Reece caught his hand, pulling him to sit again.

"I was good to you right?" Reece asked, "I wasn't too forward? I didn't drive you away did I?" He asked, slightly concerned. He didn't believe Luke's dad was the only reason Luke decided it was over.

Luke smiled softly, "You were good to me, always."

Reece grinned, before he hesitantly moved closer to Luke and kissed him. And Luke kissed back. Reece smiled in to the kiss, his hand going to Luke's soft cheek. Luke gripped Reece's wrist before the blond slowly detached their lips. Reece pecked him once more, "I'll see you at school Bam Bam."

Luke was left with the feeling of Reece's lips for the rest of the night.

-

I really like writing them being so soft and gentle

Bam bam is like Bambi because Luke is so innocent and smol