Prologue

A/N- Quickly, anything in italics is the past. Much longer than I anticipated... oopsie.

~~~~

Darcy's POV

What had I done?

Well, I'd done what I was told to do in order to keep both Sherlock and John alive, yes John as well.

Nervously, I sat in the back of the black, sleek car waiting for Moriarty to return. I had my legs tucked up against my chest and my fingers tapping against my shins.

All I could think of was what he'd told me when I'd woken up, groggy and angry in the back of this same car.

~~~~

My head throbbed and I groaned, putting a hand up to my forehead. "Welcome back." That Irish voice spoke from beside me and I jumped away from him, leaning against the door with my eyes wide.

Jim Moriarty.

I suddenly started to panic, where was he taking me? What did he want? Why-?

"Calm down. I'm not going to kill you." He interrupted my thoughts and kept his eyes fixed on the back of the headrest in front of him, then glanced over at me, "Not yet anyway."

After hearing that I calmed slightly and relaxed, although on edge still, "Why did you do it?" I asked him and he returned his gaze to the chair in front of him.

"I need you as leverage." He answered calmly and pointedly.

I frowned, "Huh?" I shook my head, "No, I meant why did you kill my parents?"

"Oh, that's not what- okay." He rolled his head around and I heard his neck click as he did, "They went behind my back." Was all he said.

~~~~

The car I was in was parked in an alley just outside the pool and I might as well have been alone because the two suits sat in the front seats weren't speaking at all. To me or each other.

I tapped on my leg faster the longer I was sat there. Waiting.

For all I knew at this point Sherlock and John were dead, they could be. Any promise from Moriarty was just empty words as far as I was concerned so I don't know why I went along with it all.

~~~~

"Went behind your back how?" I asked warily, still keeping my distance.

Moriarty looked over at me lazily and rolled his eyes before sighing, "We were supposed to be a team. The three of us. Only one rule, don't become romantically involved and they did."

"What did your team do?" I pressed, trying to get as much as I could out of him before he decided to clam up.

He smirked, "Now that is none of your business." His expression softened ever so slightly, a tiny smidge, "They fell in love, went M.I.A, and then I heard they'd spawned you. I found them in a small house in a village outside Dublin-"

"And killed them." I said softly and looked down at the floor of the car, where my bag was.

"Well, yes." He confirmed and smiled sinisterly at me, then straightened up. "Now then, backstory."

~~~~

It was all maliciously thought through, I'd go as far to say genius but then with who thought it up it wasn't surprising.

I jumped as the door to the right side of the car opened and in slid the devil himself, the devil in Westwood. He sighed as he sat and slammed the door behind him, taking a breath and then smiled eerily over at me, "Seatbelt." Moriarty ordered and looked at me expectantly.