Chapter 7- Getting Ready Takes All Day.

A/N- GIF is kinda cute, sort of related... Italics is happening somewhat alongside Darcy's POV... again with the Italics, Hannah stop! >-<

~~~~

Darcy's POV

Irene had insisted that it took an entire day to get ready for going out in the evening, two days after the announcement of my release into the wild as this somewhat new person. She'd put me through my paces, testing me, like an exam of everything I'd learnt.

I'd passed with flying colours apparently, taking Irene down in combat, hitting the right spot on the targets in weapons training and managed an entire night of every torture method she could throw at me. Although, making sure not to cause too many obviously noticeable wounds.

She'd told me to have a shower and I did, walking back into my room with a towel wrapped around my head and body to see Irene and Kate stood in there. Both, in silk dressing gowns and surrounded by what now looked more like torture equipment than the actual implements that had been used on me the past couple of weeks.

I blinked rapidly and looked between both women in confusion, "What's... going on, ma'am?" I took a hesitant step further into the room and Irene through a fluffy dressing gown at me, I caught it as best as I could without my towel being pulled too much.

"Go and put that on." Was all she told me and I turned back around, heading out the door and into the bathroom. I slipped the towel off of me and put the dressing gown on, tying it across my middle tightly before going back into my room.

I smiled and gestured to the dressing gown as I walked towards them both, Irene smiled and patted the chair in front of the dressing table, "Sit." She ordered and I slowly went over to it, sitting down just as slowly.

It was about eleven in the morning, we'd had breakfast and I'd been surprised to have been given free time in which I had practiced my gun combat for want of something to do. "Miss Adler, why-?" I started to ask again.

"You need to look presentable if you're to meet the highest elites of the criminal underworld." She answered as though it were common knowledge for me to have known that, I just shrugged it off and instead thought more on what she meant by 'highest elites' and 'criminal underworld'.

Irene seemed to sense what I was thinking and wrenched the towel from my head, pulling my hair along with it and I just jerked my head back but it didn't really hurt that much, and she said, "Kate, can you go and make us some tea?" I glanced in the mirror as Kate looked slightly annoyed and a bit worried before leaving.

"Every few months or so Charles Jameson, a very important and very corrupt government official, holds a gathering for people like myself who don't exactly follow the law but only the most important of us are invited." Irene explained.

My eyes widened in both realisation and as she dragged a brush through my now longer, knotted hair. These were assassins, corrupt businessmen and all round terrible criminals, but the worst of the worst in what they did. So what exactly was it Irene did?

-------------

Detective Inspector Lestrade led Sherlock and John through an abandoned lot of land, surrounded by  mostly empty warehouses and grassy areas. "There was a plane crash in Dusseldorf yesterday. Everyone dead." He informed them.

"Suspected terrorist bomb. We do watch the news." Sherlock agreed and argued at the same time, only Sherlock Holmes.

John rolled his eyes and corrected him, "You said, 'boring', and turned over."

-------------

I daren't ask Irene what is was she did for a living but I obviously deduced it wasn't legal nor entirely safe, due to the combat training she had given me. I couldn't deduce the exact information from her either and while she was holding curling irons mere centimetres away from my face I thought against asking.