Chapter 30- First Ever Sleepover... Not Exactly How I Imagined It'd Go.

A/N- Really happy with this chapter, for once, took my a while to write it... I got Sims 4, enough said XD

Not edited yet...

~~~~

Darcy's POV

Nobody spoke as we trekked back to Henry's house. I was still trying to comprehend what exactly we had seen out at Dewer's Hollow. Whether it was a gigantic Hound or not and if so whether it had anything to do with Baskerville.

Henry kept going on and on about what we had supposedly seen, he was certain it was the Hound and the more he insisted the less I believed him. My mind was already whirring non-stop as we reached his house and I put my hand on the car door handle.

"Open the car." Was all I could manage to say and Sherlock did as I demanded, in a second I was sat in the back of the car with my fingers steepled beneath my chin.

John and Sherlock had taken Henry inside to get him settled after what had happened but I just wanted to be alone.

To think.

Hound.
H O U N D
H.O.U.N.D.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath as I tried to conjure something from everything I knew, or could have heard since arriving in Dartmoor.

"Mr Holmes, they were the footprints of a gigantic hound!"
"Stories? Is that all you reckon it is?"
"Rats a big as dogs, he said, and dogs... dogs the size of horses."

I let out an anger filled scream and threw my arms up in the air, I hadn't realised how long I'd been thinking so intensely but when I opened my eyes again I saw we were on the road.

"Something the matter?" John queried and turned around in his seat to face me.

All I did was glare at him. "Nothing... just... too much..." I gestured to my head and sighed, "I can't... doesn't matter."

So we sat, all of us silent, I don't think anybody knew exactly what to say. I just stared down at my slightly trembling hand and clenched it into a fist in an attempt to stop it from doing so.

As soon as we pulled up in the car park of the inn I immediately got out the car and ran my hands through my hair. I felt John put a hand on my shoulder. "Are you sure you're alright?"

"I'm fine, John!" I snapped and took off walking in the direction of the inn.

It didn't take long for us to settle down in the living style area of the inn and John was sorting something out in his room. Sherlock still wasn't speaking and his eyes were wider than normal. I sat on the floor in front of Sherlock and my body was shuddering slightly, not because of the cold neither since the roaring fire kept me very warm indeed.

"Well, he is in a pretty bad way." John announced as he sat down in the armchair across from Sherlock, one I'd purposefully left empty for him. "He's manic, totally convinced there's some mutant super-dog roaming the moors." I knew John was talking about Henry and I neglected to respond.

I just sat staring into the flames of the fire while John continued speaking, "And there isn't, though, is there? 'Cause if people knew how to make a mutant super-dog, we'd know."

"Would we?" I asked rhetorically but didn't turn my gaze away from the fire at all.

John cleared his throat. "Well, yeah we would, they'd be for sale. I mean, that's how it works." He went silent for a moment and I focused on the sound of the crackling fire, the people sat around us eating their food. "Er, listen: er, on the moor I saw someone signalling."