Chapter 16- Truth Hurts, Doesn't It?

A/N- Huge chapter, just didn't want to split it up. 4455 words, give or take, wow... not edited yet.

Just a GIF I've been waiting to use... >-<

This took so long to write... I've become a bit obsessed with iZombie and been a bit too distracted to write... Oops?!

~~~~

Darcy's POV

Mycroft was not the easiest of companions when travelling. Especially in the busy London traffic, which meant we were stood still for quite long periods of time. It was tedious but I remained patient, relishing in the knowledge that the longer we were in traffic the longer it took for us to reach our destination.

Which meant the more time I had before getting tested on.

I wasn't sure what being tested on actually meant. The view I got was far from good and it involved electrodes again. Not that I wasn't used to that by now.

Mycroft had his umbrella in between his legs and was tapping the wooden handle impatiently. He did not like the traffic. Instead of just talking to me to pass the time he decided to stare at the headrest in front of him.

"Have you looked through my phone yet?" I asked him, although keeping my gaze fixed out the car window.

I heard his fingers tap against the wood of the handle just once before he stopped. "No. Not yet, Miss Byrne."

"Why not? I'd have thought that'd be the first thing you'd do." I finally turned to face him but kept my face expressionless, so as to not give away my nervousness about him finding out the people who'd been in touch with me.

Since both Irene and Scott were criminals. More so in Irene's case.

"Is there something you don't wish for me to see, Miss Byrne?" He stated and glanced at me from the corner of his eye.

I clenched my jaw and looked straight ahead. "Possibly." My mind instantly went to Scott, not Irene as that I could blag easily. But Scott?

Mycroft said nothing else and neither did I. Just sat in traffic and waited for the inevitable. The tall skyscrapers of the business area of London trundled on past and soon the sight became rather tedious. I'd seen it all before.

We arrived outside one of the tall skyscrapers and I frowned, this wasn't the sort of place I expected. I had expected something more secluded or run down, somewhere I'd scream but not be heard.

Perhaps they had soundproof rooms. Or perhaps it wasn't that sort of testing. 

That was just what I was expecting after so many days of torture.

Mycroft led me into the fancy building, walking me right past the receptionist in the centre of the huge foyer and towards a lift at the back. Everybody else was rushing right on past this poky little elevator and it made me wander if nobody else but Mycroft was allowed to use it.

In the lift, it was just myself and Mycroft and the appalling elevator music. "Where exactly are we, Mr Holmes?" I asked and tapped my fingers against my leg anxiously.

"MI6." He answered pointedly and tightly gripped the handle of his umbrella.

My eyes widened and I took a shaky breath. "Right..." I gulped. "What are you going to do to me?"

Mycroft didn't answer as the lift stopped and the doors opened swiftly. We'd arrived at what looked a bit like an average office floor, well one long corridor and a lot of wooden doors leading to unknown places.